• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding buns

Sorry, been busy, this is normal. I am bonding 2 today and they have been the same. The boy was humping the girl, then she started humping him but most of the time they are very happy, eating hay together.

Sorry, been busy, this is normal. I am bonding 2 today and they have been the same. The boy was humping the girl, then she started humping him but most of the time they are very happy, eating hay together.

Ok thank you so much for getting g back. They are great otherwise & no fighting. Still quite a lot of both asking for grooming but glad it’s ok. I’m just freaking out as it’s a first time. I’m sleeping in with them anyway. I really hope your bonding continues to go well. It sounds like for both of us it’s going well [emoji846]. My 2 are eating together etc also [emoji846] xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope you have a good night! My 2 are in the lounge, they came from a home where they weren't neutered so were separate but now they can be together. The boy was neutered in January, the girl will be spayed in a couple of months.

Hope you have a good night! My 2 are in the lounge, they came from a home where they weren't neutered so were separate but now they can be together. The boy was neutered in January, the girl will be spayed in a couple of months.

Thank you, you too. I’ll not get much sleep lol & be sleeping with the light on. I really think the keeping separate but getting to smell etc helped my 2. I was swapping their sides & they were using eachothers litter trays. Both my 2 are spayed/neutered. I nearly never did it & wax waiting for the rescue to get back to me to take for bonding. I’m glad I did. How do you know they are safely bonded & can leave without supervision? I’m to scared to leave them but I’m lucky my sons homeschooled so he can help when I need to take the little 1 to school. Xx

I am fairly sure your 2 will be fine now but obviously keep checking regularly for a while. My 2 were fine overnight, the girl will be spayed in May as I don't have a car now and it costs £40 just to get her transported to the Vets. Plus I have been monitoring her health.

Just catching up with your thread, and wanted to say well done you, and well done bunnies :thumb: I'm so pleased for them and you, you've done brilliantly with them since getting Morgan last year :)

I am fairly sure your 2 will be fine now but obviously keep checking regularly for a while. My 2 were fine overnight, the girl will be spayed in May as I don't have a car now and it costs £40 just to get her transported to the Vets. Plus I have been monitoring her health.

Morning Toni, that’s great to hear your 2 were good over night [emoji846]. Gosh I thought 25 was bad for me [emoji17]. I’m 25 there & back but mostly my partner takes me & only if it was urgent & he was a work I’d have to get a taxi. Iv got a car but not started lessons yet. Iv had a few health things with Bella, I’m sorry to hear you have also. & her teeth so Iv had to wait so long to bond. My 2 were good in the night but I’m not sure who’s dominant for certain. Morgan grommed Bella as I tried the banana thing & did it while humping. He’s wanting groomed putting down his head but she’s being stubborn lol. That can cause a wee chase & she hops in to the litter tray & he humps but she allows it. She’s not humped him. He’s flopping more but it looks like he’s the dominant one but I can’t be sure. I hope she grooms him as he wants it & can chase a bit for a few second till she jumps in litter tray if he doesn’t get it. No fighting though & I got no sleep lol. I’m to scared to leave them alone incase. Is grooming while humping normal? How long should I remain with them till it will be ok? Thank you for helping me so much & sorry I keep asking questions it’s just as it’s been to me all this Xx

Bella groomed Morgan’s head finally after numerous requests [emoji846]. Think she’s given in to him being too bun xx

Just catching up with your thread, and wanted to say well done you, and well done bunnies :thumb: I'm so pleased for them and you, you've done brilliantly with them since getting Morgan last year :)

Hi, thank you so much. It’s so lovely but I’m still a nervous wreak lol. Bellas done some more grooming but still refusing a bit. She tried to hump Morgan but then stopped. I think they are still establishing a bit & bellas a bit reluctant to give in xx

Hi, thank you so much. It’s so lovely but I’m still a nervous wreak lol. Bellas done some more grooming but still refusing a bit. She tried to hump Morgan but then stopped. I think they are still establishing a bit & bellas a bit reluctant to give in xx

It all sounds pretty normal behaviour, but sounds like they are almost there now :D well done you again, they are very lucky bunnies x

It all sounds pretty normal behaviour, but sounds like they are almost there now :D well done you again, they are very lucky bunnies x

Yes it’s so exciting & lovely to see. I just witnessed Bella groom him without him asking. He’s so happy as he’s never had a companion in his life at sspca. He’s been actually rolling around on the flier on his back lol xx

Back