• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Willoughby

Sending lots of vibes for your boy, and hope Apricot comes home nice and clean x

Thanks, me too! [emoji38] They said if they have time they'll get to her so fingers crossed otherwise I'll have to give her a bath later and they'll have to stay inside tonight [emoji38] Apricot would probably love that tbh x

Oh, I see! I'm glad he seems really active and happy.

I hope the vets can help him. How unfortunate that Apricot has a messy bum today! I hope for you that they'll want to clean her up, so you don't have to. [emoji38] Do you think she has a messy bum because of something she ate?

I know! Honestly my buns always pick their moments well! [emoji38] I've no idea tbh, she's not had anything new in her diet so I've no clue, will have to keep a close eye on it I think make sure she's okay.

Yea I really hope so, he's confused me coz he doesn't seem at all unwell it's just lack of eating, normally mine seem different. I don't know Willoughby as well as my others though tbh, I know him well enough, but not as much as my others who I'm like in sync with completely [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Aww I'm glad the vets can squeeze them in and such a pity about Apricots bum!

Maybe she's eaten more of his treats and greens?

Rodney was like that too with his long illness last time, happy as larry and binkies as usual and eating some treats just not eating the hay or greens much and guts at half speed.

Fingers crossed for them x

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Well I spoke to a nurse, apparently his blood glucose is stable, but couldn't tell me what it was...? [emoji38] He's apparently been xrayed and having pain relief and fluids.. But that's all.. Apparently William is gunna look over him properly after he has finished operating, and check his teeth then. Oh and he's not eating still..

Apricot now has a clean bum which is brilliant [emoji38] apparently she was so good and just sat their and let them do her nails too, they were saying how sweet she was to them [emoji38] no surprises there though!

So yea who knows what's going on with Willoughby, sounds like I'm gunna get an expensive bill and not many answers [emoji19] hopefully William calls me, that'll make things much clearer [emoji38]

I know! Honestly my buns always pick their moments well! [emoji38] I've no idea tbh, she's not had anything new in her diet so I've no clue, will have to keep a close eye on it I think make sure she's okay.

Yea I really hope so, he's confused me coz he doesn't seem at all unwell it's just lack of eating, normally mine seem different. I don't know Willoughby as well as my others though tbh, I know him well enough, but not as much as my others who I'm like in sync with completely [emoji38]

Keeping an eye on Apricot to make sure she's okay sounds like a good idea. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Casper's like that when his teeth are bothering him; he'll be active and happy, but just won't eat (much). But that makes sense that you don't know Willoughby as well as your other bunnies yet. He hasn't been with you as long. I'm sure you'll get in sync with him eventually when he's been with you for a longer time. :)

That's weird that they couldn't tell you what his blood glucose was, only that it was stable! That's good anyway, though, and I'm glad he's having pain relief and fluids. Hopefully William can find out more about what's going on with Willoughby and you can talk to him.

Aww, Apricot sounds like such a good bunny, letting them clean her up and do her nails. :love:

I hope the vet finds the cause and Willoughby recovers quickly. I hope it's something easy to treat. Xxxxxxx
Plus Apricot sounds so cuteeeee :)

Sending loads of vibes for Willoughby - I hope your vet can establish what is wrong and get treatment going. Xx

Hope he will get better really soon. Maybe his teeth? I had a Nethie who stopped eating and it was a dental issue.

xxx

Thank everyone xx

So were picking them up soon, still haven't got an answer about teeth.. So apparently they'll find out for collection [emoji19]

He's coming home with meds, but is apparently completely fine.. Although not pooping and not eating...? [emoji19] So yea..

Found out his blood glucose was 10.6 when we brought him in, now it's 8...so nothing there is really worrying me.. Idk what's going on with him! And apparently neither do the vets..

Atticus and Clementine are now upstairs, just got them settled, and Apricot and Willoughby will be living in the kitchen til he's better, it's the only way I can keep a super close eye on him and make sure he's okay tbh so that will be fun!

I hope it's not his teeth as no one seems to be able to actually check them for me.. [emoji31]

I hope the reason is clear soon, but I'm so glad he's okay. I hope Willoughby recovers quickly, I'm sending more vibrations xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank everyone xx

So were picking them up soon, still haven't got an answer about teeth.. So apparently they'll find out for collection [emoji19]

He's coming home with meds, but is apparently completely fine.. Although not pooping and not eating...? [emoji19] So yea..

Found out his blood glucose was 10.6 when we brought him in, now it's 8...so nothing there is really worrying me.. Idk what's going on with him! And apparently neither do the vets..

Atticus and Clementine are now upstairs, just got them settled, and Apricot and Willoughby will be living in the kitchen til he's better, it's the only way I can keep a super close eye on him and make sure he's okay tbh so that will be fun!

I hope it's not his teeth as no one seems to be able to actually check them for me.. [emoji31]

that must be incredibly frustrating :(

£450 later, still don't know about his teeth.. I knew I shouldn't have sent Michael [emoji38]

ahhh, its really not good enough, especially as his presentation & starting to eat but not continuing sound classically dental. I'd politely complain / request they look in to it - free of charge. £450 is very high to me :shock: Has he been picked up yet?

Idk if you can read that
908ce5e60aec11b9518cc0f5c65f4908.jpg

Also they put sudacreme on Apricots sore hocks which have never changed or got worse.. Is this okay?

They're home now in the kitchen with lights off as Willoughby is shaking so much :(

Back