Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: Vibes for Willoughby

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Same

Yea so since he had the test I've been feeding him the excel ones with vit D in them. Figured they couldn't hurt, but it seems odd like I've never fed my indoor buns pellets because Atticus can't tolerate them and they aren't out in the sunshine.. Maybe Willoughby has trouble retaining or absorbing it for some reason..? I honestly don't know

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    I was wondering this too. This is one of FHB's areas, she has papers on the subject online that I can't understand - I wonder if she really is FULLY retired, it'd be great for her to have some input. Either way I hope williams research comes up with something. Do you know how his calcium & phosphorous levels are cos I think they are all linked

sending vibes for your lovely boy

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I was wondering this too. This is one of FHB's areas, she has papers on the subject online that I can't understand - I wonder if she really is FULLY retired, it'd be great for her to have some input.
    Don't be ridiculous - of course is not FULLY retired. For one, she is actively working on the website and planning a "peri-operative death" investigation. All of this has been "imminent" for some time (so who really knows). It does however say on the contact page that she is happy to be contacted by vets to discuss cases. I think she likes contributing.
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13) and 12.12.20

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    Parathyroid issues ?
    Could they check his PTH? Would that make his calcium levels high or cause weak bones by removing calcium from bones like it does in humans?

Graciee, This is unique to him, so unlikely to be caused by diet. I think I read hay has form of vitamin D from drying in the sun.
    Can vet suggest supplement and retest in a few weeks?
    Since test new to vet, could the test be wrong?
    Last edited by bunny momma; 09-04-2022 at 06:21 PM.

Sorry it's nothing more simple It'll be Willoughby as others have said, not his care. It almost sounds like he's 'grown out of' metabolising Vit D, given his age... But thta sounds ridiculous. Although as we all know, sometimes whatever option is left that's not impossible is the most likely I hope you can find a solution (possibly literally) for him xxx
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her/any.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

I was wondering this too. This is one of FHB's areas, she has papers on the subject online that I can't understand - I wonder if she really is FULLY retired, it'd be great for her to have some input. Either way I hope williams research comes up with something. Do you know how his calcium & phosphorous levels are cos I think they are all linked

sending vibes for your lovely boy
    Ah maybe he'll speak to her, he knows her I think! And her husband apparently. I'll have a google too thank you

Yea they were tested originally which is why he then did the vit D test. Calcium was high, but not super high but the other type of calcium was ridiculously low. So I think he's thinking that but not sure what to do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Buddy View Post
    Don't be ridiculous - of course is not FULLY retired. For one, she is actively working on the website and planning a "peri-operative death" investigation. All of this has been "imminent" for some time (so who really knows). It does however say on the contact page that she is happy to be contacted by vets to discuss cases. I think she likes contributing.
    Ah this is interesting thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    Could they check his PTH? Would that make his calcium levels high or cause weak bones by removing calcium from bones like it does in humans?

Graciee, This is unique to him, so unlikely to be caused by diet. I think I read hay has form of vitamin D from drying in the sun.
    Can vet suggest supplement and retest in a few weeks?
    Since test new to vet, could the test be wrong?
    Yea I'm really not sure tbh

There's a supplement in the pellets I'm feeding him now.

Yea I hope the others are okay, not sure what's going on with him tho

I doubt it's wrong it's a blood test

Quote Originally Posted by keletkezes View Post
    Sorry it's nothing more simple It'll be Willoughby as others have said, not his care. It almost sounds like he's 'grown out of' metabolising Vit D, given his age... But thta sounds ridiculous. Although as we all know, sometimes whatever option is left that's not impossible is the most likely I hope you can find a solution (possibly literally) for him xxx
    Yea I hope it's not something I've done

Yea weird isn't it.. I really hope he can figure this out for him

defo ask William if he'll ask FHB to take a look. good luck

Is Willoughby on a low calcium diet?

I remember Rodney had weird calcium levels where his long term one was normal but short term was really low when he had his bladder sludge.

The vet said it was odd and likely because Rodney was indoors and he had a recent build up in his bladder.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

defo ask William if he'll ask FHB to take a look. good luck
    Yea I'm gunna thanks for suggesting it