• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Willoughby

Graciee

Staff member
He's not eating :(

He was earlier so not sure what's caused it tbh he didn't want his dinner so I left it for a bit but he still doesn't, or a treat.

So I brought him inside and I've weighed him and given him some loxicom, he was such a good boy about it, easiest bun to medicate ever! Couldn't believe it as he's a nethie [emoji38] he just sat their and lapped it up! And he doesn't really know me like that, I never handle him tbh coz he's not a fan, so I don't have the trust like I do with the others, but he was so good!

Anyway, very squishy tummy, so Idk what's going on, ima leave him tonight now and if in the morning he's still not eating it'll be his first trip to the vets with me.

So vibes for him would be much appreciated, he seems okay in himself just doesn't want food. I hope it's not his teeth, as I don't know much about dental buns [emoji51]

I really hope it's weird blip and not full blown stasis or dental problems, I'd hate to have to handle him so much as he really is a rabbity rabbit. But it seems like if it's necessary he's very sweet about it at least.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I hope he recovers quickly and he spends the night relaxed :( I send too many vibrations xxxxxxx

Oh, no. :( I hope he's feeling better this morning and has started eating again. Sending him lots of eating vibes. How good of him to take his loxicom so well.

Thanks everyone!

I'm not entirely sure what to do yet, he's taken a couple of treats this morning, but hasn't finished them, but has eaten like half both times... So Idk! Gunna give him one more hour then if not happy will get him seen hopefully!

Aw, it sounds like he's definitely having a lot of trouble eating for some reason. If you get him seen, I hope the vet can find out what's going on with him and can help. Sending Willoughby lots more vibes.

So he took two pellets, but then didn't want anymore... No appointments with William today, then he goes on holiday, apparently they can only admit him and William look at him, so I might do that, but giving him another hour to get his **** together [emoji38] he doesn't look in pain at all, it's so weird. I know it's tough with buns tho sometimes. I know he won't do well being admitted, so ideally avoid that, although he'll have Apricot with him who loves everyone at least, she always ends up charming all the nurses [emoji38] so yea guess we'll see, I reckon he'll be going in though tbh.

It seems like the barely eating itself could be a symptom of pain? They can hide it so well... If he gets admitted, at least he'll have Apricot to protect him and steal all the attention. ;)

It seems like the barely eating itself could be a symptom of pain? They can hide it so well... If he gets admitted, at least he'll have Apricot to protect him and steal all the attention. ;)
Oh yea definitely! I just mean in himself he's really active and happy seeming.

They're off to the vets, he ate half a treat but left the rest. I picked Apricot up to put her in carrier with him and she's got a messy bum! First time ever I think, not sure how that's happened tbh Michael is dropping them off for me, so I'm gunna see if they can clean her up at all [emoji51] they probably won't want to though, so I'll probably have to figure that out later too [emoji38]

Oh yea definitely! I just mean in himself he's really active and happy seeming.

They're off to the vets, he ate half a treat but left the rest. I picked Apricot up to put her in carrier with him and she's got a messy bum! First time ever I think, not sure how that's happened tbh Michael is dropping them off for me, so I'm gunna see if they can clean her up at all [emoji51] they probably won't want to though, so I'll probably have to figure that out later too [emoji38]

Oh, I see! I'm glad he seems really active and happy.

I hope the vets can help him. How unfortunate that Apricot has a messy bum today! I hope for you that they'll want to clean her up, so you don't have to. :lol: Do you think she has a messy bum because of something she ate?

Back