• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Now Fern has a runny eye U/D Injection tips for 'stiff' penicillin??

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Jake is doing really well from his dental, all poo's are back to a good size and golden. He's being very active again and eating everything. But today Fern has a runny eye! :( I wonder if she might need a dental too now, perhaps it was a combination of both of them having reduced hay intake but her poops are very good still. Because it's a runny eye I'll be asking for a skull X ray too which Jake didn't have as he had no other symptoms. Quite worried since all of Jasmine's eye problem, but of course I use a different vet now I have full confidence in.
5cf3de1ab22b915a7d6f415f3ebcc04b.jpg

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Oh no, I hope it's a minor thing like Jane said. Actually, I had the same situation with Cookie, it was just because something got in his eye.

Aw, I hope Fern will be okay and it's something small. Sending her a lot of vibes.

It's good to hear that Jake is doing really well now. :love:

Hopefully it’s something minor like Jane said. Sending lots of vibes. I’m glad Jake is doing well :love:

Thank you everyone :love: I just panicked when I saw it. Hopefully, they are always moulting to some degree! She will not be a happy bunny at the vets I'm sure :lol:

After your heartbreaking experience with Jasmine, it is hard to not think the worst. Yet I expect a much simpler diagnosis as others have said, though a skull x-ray would still be good at time of dental.

Thank you :) Fern was not a happy bunny at the vets, but has come straight out the carrier at home flicked her feeties and gone into the litter tray so hope she's not too upset. When the vet put pressure on some white pus did come out her tear duct, her actual eye is fine no scratches or anything. She's got medication to see if we can clear it up at home, if not back in for an X ray and flush so fingers crossed this works

Aww, I hope she'll get over the vet visit soon. :love: And I hope the medication will be enough to to solve the problem and nothing else is needed. I'm glad her actual eye is fine, at least. :)

Topping up the vibes, I hope that it clears up soon. I’m sure she will have forgiven you by now :lol:

Jenna says "baytril is good for you." So be a good bun and be sure to eat all the baytril your mum gives you, Fern. :love:

Glad to hear you feel more comfortable with this vet. It's understable to be worried considering what you went through. I'm sending healing vibes for the lovely Fern. xxxxx

Back