Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Now Fern has a runny eye U/D Injection tips for 'stiff' penicillin??

Thank you both. Yeah the vet asked if we was around this weekend as we'd need to syringe feed. I'll ask for stronger pain relief if she doesn't have any already. I hope she'll cope ok with the recovery and can get to normal fern xx

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Oh bless her, glad she's had the tooth out and her eye is improving. Sending lots more vibes for a really good recovery xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Well this sounds much more hopeful
    Many more vibes on the way for your special girl. Despite the ensuing hands on care in store for your weekend, you must be so relieved that Fern's eye is okay. xxxxx

This sounds really hopeful. Sending vibes for a smooth recovery x

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper

I'm pleased that the removal of the tooth went well. Sending loads of vibes for her recovery.

Wise Old Thumper

Topping up the vibes for Fern x

Thank you everyone The vet has sent me a video of the pus and it's like toothpaste coming out!! I'm posting a before and after picture of her eye so **** WARNING THE EYE BEFORE MAY BE DISTRESSING ****

She's nibbling dried dandelion and she's active

Sent from my moto g( power using Tapatalk

Bless her, she is strong and I’m sure she will make a good recovery now. The after picture certainly looks better than her before picture, that did look uncomfortable. It seems the vets are really good. Sending lots more vibes and hugs xx

Oh bless her sending lots of recovery vibes x

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    So good she is through the op ok & the abscess drained nicely. Boo kind of had a back tooth removed (it was a manky pus filled socket that wouldn't heal, many months of vet advised stroking / massaging & it was found at a subsequent dental. Not quite the same. I was really worried her missing tooth (teeth?) would cause an issue with the opposing tooth but she only had one dental since & that was years ago. I've heard JJ say rabbit pus is often sterile. Loads of recovery vibes for your sweet girlie
    Thank you, yeah the vet said rabbits teeth don't sit directly on top of eachother more at a slight angle so they would normally have 2 teeth acting on wearing the opposite side down so she still has one tooth acting on the bottom one below if that makes sense?? Hopefully she'll be ok, before this she had perfect teeth and is a really good hay eater so hopefully we can get back to that. Atm she has 3 different hays dotted around so she can pick at what she chooses.

Thanks again everyone, she is strong isn't she She is interested in food, and took some treats buy I think one is too solid for her to eat right now but she nibbled most of a Herby heart which are soft. There was some small, dark poos in a litter tray which I imagine are hers as there's normal ones too and Jake is really confident it's not like he's not been eating whilst away from home today. She's also had some kale and taking critical care well I keep watching the video and put it on my family group chat much to their disgust