Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Now Fern has a runny eye U/D Injection tips for 'stiff' penicillin??

I always love seeing photos of Jakey & Fern - you should show them off more

I hope she is already on the right antibiotics & the swelling continues to go down. Loads of vibes

That's really good news, hope her eye continues to improve, sending her lots more vibes xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    Thank you everyone. I don't know if it's a fluke but her eye is less protruding today and the swelling gone down, hopefully this is a good sign and it will continue. Maybe it's the metronidazole making a difference I'm not sure! We'll get the results of the swab by Wednesday as it's a culture so 5-7 days so fingers crossed we've found the best abx.
    I've been trying to find this thread so I could reply to it as you had on Jenna's thread. I remember you said the vet took Fern off abx to better determine what was going on with her eye. Hoping that the current treatment resolves her issue without the need for stronger intervention and that the time she had to go without medicine wasn't too hard on her. xxxxx
    I seem to have missed seeing the photos though. (ETA: Ah, found the photo...what a cute couple they are!)

I'm curious, I thought metronidazole was an antifungal? This is a drug Jenna took years ago but that caused her much stomach upset and I was warned it could've affected her liver. I didn't realize it could be used along with baytril.
    Last edited by MimzMum; 20-03-2022 at 07:55 PM.

Wise Old Thumper

Sounds much more positive. I hope she continues to improve.

Thank you all admittedly I don't take many photos of them as Jake is so nosey he's always right up to the camera or moving! They are a beautiful pair Her eye still looks ok, compared to when it was at its worse.

Metronidazole is a antibiotics and I think works for some parasites too, not sure about fungal but the 'zole' bit at the end certainly sounds like fungal?? Antifungals can effect the liver more readily, I was on fluconazole for a long time and liver was a worry. We use it at work for mainly infections to do with the gut. The exotic referral vet explained about baytril working well in the bone, and like it works alongside other abx well despite if it's resistant, something about letting the other abx in, she explained it much better of course!!

Thank you again for all the vibes xx

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

May Fern continue to improve with her med protocol. Fingers and everything crossed she makes a full recovery.

Thank you all admittedly I don't take many photos of them as Jake is so nosey he's always right up to the camera or moving! They are a beautiful pair Her eye still looks ok, compared to when it was at its worse.

Metronidazole is a antibiotics and I think works for some parasites too, not sure about fungal but the 'zole' bit at the end certainly sounds like fungal?? Antifungals can effect the liver more readily, I was on fluconazole for a long time and liver was a worry. We use it at work for mainly infections to do with the gut. The exotic referral vet explained about baytril working well in the bone, and like it works alongside other abx well despite if it's resistant, something about letting the other abx in, she explained it much better of course!!

Thank you again for all the vibes xx

Metronidazole works on anaerobic bacteria which other abx may not do. I have used it in combo with other abx for ear infections and on its own for Penicillin induced enteritis. AFAIK Metronidazole has no antifungal effects. It does have antiprotozoal properties. It is Metabolised by the liver, so I assume longterm use would need monitoring in that respect x

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

That's good to know thanks! Yeah Jasmine was on it trying to treat her antibiotic induced enterotoxemia

That's good to know thanks! Yeah Jasmine was on it trying to treat her antibiotic induced enterotoxemia
    ((((((Hugs))))) xx

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Can you tell how do they flush? Is it invasive like surgery or not?