Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 241

Thread: Now Fern has a runny eye U/D Injection tips for 'stiff' penicillin??

  1. #231
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    21,735

    Default

    aww, that is great news

  2. #232
    Moderator Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    42,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    Fern has been to the specialist today and she's all signed off she's even put on weight. The vet just recommended a G/A for X rays and full mouth exam in 6 months time to make sure there's nothing brewing and the tooth under the removed one isn't growing too much/possible dental for that one.
    Great news

  3. #233
    Warren Veteran bunny momma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,225

    Default

    Lovely update! You did a great job of advocating for her and doing her home nursing care.
    Did all the care change Fern's relationship with you?

  4. #234
    Forum Buddy Liz47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Posts
    10,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    Lovely update! You did a great job of advocating for her and doing her home nursing care.
    Did all the care change Fern's relationship with you?
    Thank you everyone, I'm very happy It's made us bond with her more as we had to handle her a lot more when normally we're pretty hands off with the bunnies, although Jake does actually enjoy being picked up and asks for it!! And I was very worried about her, but as for her relationship with us.. I'm not sure Fern knows what she likes and wants, she can be a bit protective over things and will grunt when she's not happy but on her terms she's fine and likes to come over to us, especially when sweeping in the room. She has got better at the vets, she was really scared when I first took her but relaxes more now and is also more confidence outside the bunny room.

    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  5. #235
    Warren Scout AnjaSanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Uff I managed to read few pages of updates on Fern. My boy is waweing at her and wishing her speedy recovery. He had similar problem in november 2020 and now too. Again on the left side, left eye bulged out, but no discharge, abscess in the area and he is also missing one more tooth now since 6.4. Similar meds as your girl, only no more penicilin injections-insted he has metrodinazole and azitromicin syrup plus Metacam and Novasul (metamizol-NSAID). He likes metacam and azitromicin.

  6. #236
    Forum Buddy Liz47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Posts
    10,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnjaSanja View Post
    Uff I managed to read few pages of updates on Fern. My boy is waweing at her and wishing her speedy recovery. He had similar problem in november 2020 and now too. Again on the left side, left eye bulged out, but no discharge, abscess in the area and he is also missing one more tooth now since 6.4. Similar meds as your girl, only no more penicilin injections-insted he has metrodinazole and azitromicin syrup plus Metacam and Novasul (metamizol-NSAID). He likes metacam and azitromicin.
    Thank you. Oh no, I hope he can make a full recovery and isn't being too affected by his tooth/eye, Fern did really well to act as normal mostly throughout apart from when there was so much pus built up just before her tooth removal

    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  7. #237
    Wise Old Thumper MimzMum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    16,090

    Default

    Just caught up with this. So glad to hear Fern is doing so well now. xxxxx

  8. #238
    Warren Scout AnjaSanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    Thank you. Oh no, I hope he can make a full recovery and isn't being too affected by his tooth/eye, Fern did really well to act as normal mostly throughout apart from when there was so much pus built up just before her tooth removal
    He is! He just had 30 minutes of running on sofa and then on floor up, again. Eye is getting back to normal (not normal yet, but obviously not as buldged), He loves two meds, dislakes other two. Eats fine, even a little bit of hay. I'm positive Fern will be happy hoping again.

  9. #239
    Warren Scout AnjaSanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    286

    Default

    How is Fern doing?

  10. #240
    Forum Buddy Liz47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Posts
    10,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnjaSanja View Post
    How is Fern doing?
    She's doing really well thank you, no lasting effects her eye is completely normal now Hope your boy is doing well?

    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •