• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit boarding in Hampshire

nap91

Mama Doe
I know there has been many a thread on this, but I can’t seem to find any up to date ones and so many boarding places seem to have closed since Covid.

Can anybody recommend any boarding places in Hampshire? We’ve got a wedding to go to in a few months time in Wales, so will be away for a few days. We’ve only ever boarded the rabbits once before as I hate leaving them but unfortunately the place I used before are away themselves the same week!

Prepared to travel to the right place if necessary and we are driving by car to Wales so could drop them off on the way somewhere.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if there is a place, but that's why I'm renting an apartment. In fact, I usually stay in "pet-accepted" places from airbnb or booking. And also the apartments are wider than hotel rooms and it is easy with rabbits. :)
I don't know how used to travel your rabbits are, but Cookie goes everywhere with us. I travel with him all the time.

Last edited:
I'm having a similar issue. My neighbour usually feeds my animals but her Mum is currently really ill with cancer so I don't want to ask her and I was planning to go to my caravan on the IOW the weekend after next. I can't put mine in boarding as I have too many and the cats aren't vaccinated so am looking for someone to pop in and feed them all but they all seem incredibly expensive. Another friend who sometimes helps out is also poorly and not allowed to drive and my friend who lives close by is allergic to cats.

Catherine69 (I think) used to have a brilliant set up for boarding bunnies and looked after mine a couple of times but she has moved out of the area now:(

Carob on here boards her buns when she goes away. You could send her a PM and ask for details. I don't know where it is but I know she has used them a lot and is happy with them. Her two buns are indoor buns like yours.

Depending on which bit of Wales you are going to, Windwhistle Warren boards bunnies to help fund the rescue.

You could try Furlock Holmes in Whitchurch. That’s north Hampshire, not sure where you are.

If you are near Andover there is a lady who can do holiday boarding in Verham Dean. It's called the Rabbit Retreat, she looked after Holly and Rudy last year. If you want to contact her, PM me as she has a new email address
Richard

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

I use Sue who used to run Southampton Rabbit Rescue but I can also vouch for Anne at Verham Dean as I’ve me5 her and seen her set up.

Nap 91! There’s also a lady in Stubbington, the place is called Spindlehay Lodge and she boards with good size lodges for the bunnies.

Back