• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My sweet girl has gone | My old girl is winding down

Thank you all, you're so kind. :love: It really has helped and has brought us a lot of comfort to know we're not alone in this xxx

Illy has passed over to rainbow bridge. She left us very peacefully, surrounded by her favourite treats and stacking cups, in her bed. She's had a huge amount of apple, kale, parsley and other treats in the last 24 hours and very much enjoyed them all. She let me give her some loving pats last night and this morning, which I shall treasure forever.

I know she's reunited with her beloved sister Chinook, her husbun Elmo and Crumpet (her original husbun who she never got to know sadly). Illy and Chinook were always joined at the hip, so I feel really at peace knowing they're together again now.

She's been a constant source of joy in my life since I was 19 and I'm 31 now, so she's seen a huge amount of change and has been incredibly brave, curious and loving throughout it all. God, I miss her so much already. Run free my sweet darling and enjoy all the wonderful snuggles with Chin :love:

Thank you all, you're so kind. :love: It really has helped and has brought us a lot of comfort to know we're not alone in this xxx

Illy has passed over to rainbow bridge. She left us very peacefully, surrounded by her favourite treats and stacking cups, in her bed. She's had a huge amount of apple, kale, parsley and other treats in the last 24 hours and very much enjoyed them all. She let me give her some loving pats last night and this morning, which I shall treasure forever.

I know she's reunited with her beloved sister Chinook, her husbun Elmo and Crumpet (her original husbun who she never got to know sadly). Illy and Chinook were always joined at the hip, so I feel really at peace knowing they're together again now.

She's been a constant source of joy in my life since I was 19 and I'm 31 now, so she's seen a huge amount of change and has been incredibly brave, curious and loving throughout it all. God, I miss her so much already. Run free my sweet darling and enjoy all the wonderful snuggles with Chin :love:

What wonderful memories she has left you and of course she will remain in your heart forever.

RIP Illy :love::cry::love:

So very sorry, but pleased she had such à peaceful passing surrounded by love and familiar things. Big hugs for you, and run free with your beloved friends Illy xx

Ohh I am really sorry and I am sending you many hugs. Illy had a wonderful family and was so happy with you and happily went to the rainbow bridge, bless her.. May Llly's sweet soul always live with you and protect you. Xx

Sleep peacefully beautiful Illy. You led such a glorious life - one with all the love and comfort you deserved. You’ll be always in our hearts. Binkey free Illy. Xx

Back