• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often to change bunny blankets?

BethanyRose

Young Bun
Hi, my rabbits love sleeping on the fleece covers that come with the petsafe heated mat things (I dumped the heatsafe things after reading some horror stories that scared me). But I kept the covers and they find them more comfortable to sleep on anyway. I have been washing them every other day, but is that too much? I'd rather wash them less to be honest. They never ever poo or wee on them. What do you think?

To be honest, I only wash blankets when they've weed on them. If they never poo or wee on them, I don't think you need to wash them that often. :)

I agree with Readers post above, I wouldn't worry about washing too often, if they're not used as a toilet :D

Thanks. They're so pampered as outside buns, I even warm the blankets up on the radiator before putting them in at bedtime 😀

I know! Only because they insist on sleeping in their covered run all night instead of snuggling into hay in the hutch. They're more like cats! 😄

Back