Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ptyalism

She has lost fur around her chin and neck and it smells fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by clarebear View Post
    She has lost fur around her chin and neck and it smells fishy.
    That could be pseudomonas

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Skin_di...oist/Moist.htm

I would speak to your Vet again re what can be done in the short term to try to manage the effects of the ptyalism.
    Last edited by InspectorMorse; 09-02-2022 at 06:08 AM.

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Thank you so much.

Fish smell is bacterial infection and a bad one.

The most important is to treat the cause and make the salvating stop.
    She will most likely need antibiotics and pain meds both maximum dosage every 12 hours, for longer period of time. Skin infections are a b*tch! I have manny micro towels (for dogs mostly), but they work superb for any animal. Pat dry.
    I had to wash infected are with antiseptic shampoo 2x per day and then I had to used soothing cream that sooths itching, promotes healing, moistens the skin oh and honey based cream for wounds. PLUS he had a hard time chewing-dry herbs, critical care and fresh veggies.

So, Bungee has an appointment at Cambridge Vet Group on Tuesday. Hopefully to stay for her operation, as we don't want to stress her by taking her backwards and forwards.
    She's doing a bit of tooth grinding today, so have just given her some Metcam which will hopefully help. I've also dried her chin and neck as best as I can, and put a little sudocreme on any sore bits.
    Could anyone recommend an antibacterial shampoo suitable for bunnies as AnjaSanja has suggested? I don't know if she would tolerate it, but it might be worth a try.
    She is still eating her pellets and veg, but not hay so I am giving recovery and fibreplex too, and she is still enjoying the odd treat.
    Thank you InspectorMorse I will definitely speak to the vet about the possible pseudomonas.
    poor Bungee. It's her birthday on Sunday too
    Bramble and Bo - Miss you both so much xxx

The shampoo I used is Ok for all animals and humans. It has 4.5% chlorohexadine.

SOmething like that https://www.vetuk.co.uk/dog-shampoos...-200ml-p-43698

Quote Originally Posted by clarebear View Post
    So, Bungee has an appointment at Cambridge Vet Group on Tuesday. Hopefully to stay for her operation, as we don't want to stress her by taking her backwards and forwards.
    She's doing a bit of tooth grinding today, so have just given her some Metcam which will hopefully help. I've also dried her chin and neck as best as I can, and put a little sudocreme on any sore bits.
    Could anyone recommend an antibacterial shampoo suitable for bunnies as AnjaSanja has suggested? I don't know if she would tolerate it, but it might be worth a try.
    She is still eating her pellets and veg, but not hay so I am giving recovery and fibreplex too, and she is still enjoying the odd treat.
    Thank you InspectorMorse I will definitely speak to the vet about the possible pseudomonas.
    poor Bungee. It's her birthday on Sunday too
    Keep us updated on how sweet Bungee gets on. I really hope she has a comfortable stay and can get her eye sorted with an easy recovery. Will be sending you both lots of vibes x
    Chinook and Illy are my wonderful buns

Crumpet and Elmo, you'll always be my best friends x

Thank you so much I'll let you know how things go.
    She's been really good taking her Fibreplex and still eating her veggies. I think she's still struggling with hay, so I may try her with a little bit of grass tomorrow. Xxx

Quote Originally Posted by AnjaSanja View Post
    The shampoo I used is Ok for all animals and humans. It has 4.5% chlorohexadine.

SOmething like that https://www.vetuk.co.uk/dog-shampoos...-200ml-p-43698
    Thank you for this xx

We dropped Bungee off at Cambridge vets yesterday morning, with her packed lunch.
    Vet has called this morning, and he has taken xrays of her chest and everything looks okay.
    So, he is operating today to remove the mass in her mouth. Should hear back from them this afternoon.
    Please keep your paws crossed for her xxx