• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ptyalism

I have tried some in a bowl, but she doesn't seem to want it so still syringe feeding. She eaten a bit of veg today as well.
I'm a bit worried as she seems to be drooling again. Her chest was dry and now it's wet again.

Bungee seems better today than yesterday. I've just mixed her up some recovery food and she ate a bowl of veggies instead! I'm beginning to hate the smell of recovery, so I think she must be too!
Back to Cambridge vets tomorrow to she how things are. X

Bungee seems better today than yesterday. I've just mixed her up some recovery food and she ate a bowl of veggies instead! I'm beginning to hate the smell of recovery, so I think she must be too!
Back to Cambridge vets tomorrow to she how things are. X

I love the smell of anise:) You can put a tea spoom of banana or apple babyfood in or 100% apple juice.

Great she had some veg [emoji846], I don’t like the smell of critical care either xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad she was having a better day yesterday & ate her veggies. Hoping for a positive vet visit today

Just got back from the vets. Mikel is happy with Bungee's mouth and how everything is healing. He let us both have a look too!
She's got to continue with the same 3 meds twice a day, but also a penicillin injection every other day.
He's also given us some different critical care food to try which smells a lot nicer!
She's just chilling under the table now 🐰💕
Thank you for all the vibes xxx

Still struggling to syringe feed her. We've been trying the Oxbow critical care with a bit of banana in, but she's really fighting it 😕
I'm finding it so hard, too much happening at the moment when all I really want to do is concentrate on Bungee. Feeling overwhelmed.
Any tips on syringe feeding gratefully received.
She will still eat some greens, but no hay or pellets. I would just love her to eat some pellets or a treat right now.

Still struggling to syringe feed her. We've been trying the Oxbow critical care with a bit of banana in, but she's really fighting it ��
I'm finding it so hard, too much happening at the moment when all I really want to do is concentrate on Bungee. Feeling overwhelmed.
She will still eat some greens, but no hay or pellets. I would just love her to eat some pellets or a treat right now.

Have you tried softening her pellets in boiled water and allowing them to cool so they are soft to eat ?

Still struggling to syringe feed her. We've been trying the Oxbow critical care with a bit of banana in, but she's really fighting it ��

:( its so sad when they resist syringe feeds, I've found most of my bunnies willing accept syringe feeds but when they haven't its one of the most frustrating things ever. Its so hard to get fibre into them when its just greens & herbs. Will she eat grass?

With respect to the syringe feeding I've found they will or they won't but have heard different syringe sizes, adding blended fruit in whatever format, Rudey liked a pinch of fenugreek powder in his CC so I'd bring that out which did tempt him more. I think much of it (issues with syringe feeding) boil down to how secure each bunny is in being captured & held & then expected to eat. If you can get her in a burrito that would help maybe.

I wonder if its worth trying making her some homemade cookies with nuggets but nice tasty stuff too -but only part baking them so they are still soft. My bunnies recommend my recipe (of course) - happy to share if you wanted to give a go

It's so hard..but I do understand why she doesn't want a great big syringe stuck into her little mouth, when it's probably still very sore in there.

I'd love to give your nugget cookies a try, if you don't mine sharing your recipe!

Going to try another little feed before bed. I had Bungee in a playpen to make it less stressful for her when I needed to pick her up, but I thought a bit of normality might help. So her room is all back as it normally is.
Might try her with some banana, as it's one of her faves. She's got a little buffet going on at the moment. I might add some grass to it tomorrow.

Just had a peep and favourited your etsy shop. You have some lovely products.

Thanks for your help x

Back