• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bella in for treatment

I just read your update. I hope Bella gets home and eats well when she gets home. We are waiting for your news and keep sending vibrations xxxxxxx

Hi, thank you. She’s home & resting now. Not eating or pooping yet but will keep an eye on her xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all lovely people for sending love & caring. She’s home now so keeping a close eye on her. Iv set up a bed on the floor in the room to watch her. Just waiting on her eating & pooping now as that’s our next hurdle. If not by tomo will be phoning vets as I don’t want her to go into statis from this. After all the extra comforts I put in she’s choosing the floor! Her fav spot close to her &Morgan’s barrier. got duvets & soft fleecy blankets down there so should be comfortable enough for her resting till it wears off. Thank you for the love xx

Sending vibes for Bella. It is such a worry until they eat/poop.
My little Raven is a dental bunny.
He recovers quicker now that vet changed Raven's ga protocol during dentals.
I hope she begins to eat/drink/poo overnight.

Sending vibes for Bella. It is such a worry until they eat/poop.
My little Raven is a dental bunny.
He recovers quicker now that vet changed Raven's ga protocol during dentals.
I hope she begins to eat/drink/poo overnight.

Morning, thank you. She’s done 3 small poos but hardly moved from the litter tray. Still won’t eat. I took her pellets to her & she ate 1 but normally gobbles them up. Has hasn’t drank from bowl as doesn’t look like it. The thing is she needs to eat the pellets to get the metacalm she has daily into her. I’m going to phone the vet when it opens this morning. She wasn’t like this after the last dental. This is her second one since nov 1st xx

Morning, thank you. She’s done 3 small poos but hardly moved from the litter tray. Still won’t eat. I took her pellets to her & she ate 1 but normally gobbles them up. Has hasn’t drank from bowl as doesn’t look like it. The thing is she needs to eat the pellets to get the metacalm she has daily into her. I’m going to phone the vet when it opens this morning. She wasn’t like this after the last dental. This is her second one since nov 1st xx

Vet is good call. Did she get pain meds at vet? Did you give green veggie/herbs to get her eating. Raven is good to syringe medicam in his mouth, and some bunnies take from oral syringe.
Vet may be able to inject pain meds, yet some make certain bunnies very tired.
Raven had dental Nov 11 and Jan 11, and already had one sore cheek. Though time between dentals varies .
Raven has been like belle in past , and fully recovered with supportive care.
Sending vibes for Bella.

My bridge bun Treacle took a few days to eat anything like normal after a dental. Bellas is still likely sore from the spurs, and the procedure, but yes I would contact the vet for advice always. Have you tried a little organic fruit flavoured baby food, like the Aldi one ? or putting metacam on a slice of banana, wet herbs maybe. Sorry if these have been suggested before. Sending more vibes for your girl xx

Vet is good call. Did she get pain meds at vet? Did you give green veggie/herbs to get her eating. Raven is good to syringe medicam in his mouth, and some bunnies take from oral syringe.
Vet may be able to inject pain meds, yet some make certain bunnies very tired.
Raven had dental Nov 11 and Jan 11, and already had one sore cheek. Though time between dentals varies .
Raven has been like belle in past , and fully recovered with supportive care.
Sending vibes for Bella.

Hi, thank you. They said she had pain meds while at vets & since I have metacalm already to give that today. She took another couple pellets & had pooped more than I thought as she had been lying in the tray on them. Bella can’t have herbs because of her tummy as had to cut all out because of the cecotropes. I’m worried to give incase it makes her poo runny. She needs the metacalm for arthritis & will be sore & start getting poo stuck to her bum again not having it. I’m sorry to hear your bun needs dental also. I will see what vet says xx

My bridge bun Treacle took a few days to eat anything like normal after a dental. Bellas is still likely sore from the spurs, and the procedure, but yes I would contact the vet for advice always. Have you tried a little organic fruit flavoured baby food, like the Aldi one ? or putting metacam on a slice of banana, wet herbs maybe. Sorry if these have been suggested before. Sending more vibes for your girl xx

Morning, thank you. Iv not tried these but have bananas here. Should I give her a bit or mash it? Yes she’s still sore & no way will I be able to get a syringe into her. They also said they gave her something to get guts moving she had that last time. I don’t drive & we are quite far away from shops but I’m still going to phone the vet as if she doesn’t get metacalm she will get cecotropes stuck to her & would be very distressing to wash her in this state. It reassuring that it’s not just her not eating in the way that it’s not abnormal. At least she took a couple pellets. Treacle is a lovely name [emoji846] xx

Morning, thank you. Iv not tried these but have bananas here. Should I give her a bit or mash it? Yes she’s still sore & no way will I be able to get a syringe into her. They also said they gave her something to get guts moving she had that last time. I don’t drive & we are quite far away from shops but I’m still going to phone the vet as if she doesn’t get metacalm she will get cecotropes stuck to her & would be very distressing to wash her in this state. It reassuring that it’s not just her not eating in the way that it’s not abnormal. At least she took a couple pellets. Treacle is a lovely name [emoji846] xx

Just try a slice and syringe a little metacam in and see how that goes down. Aww thank you, yes and she was the sweetest bunny, her brother was called Toffee :D

Just try a slice and syringe a little metacam in and see how that goes down. Aww thank you, yes and she was the sweetest bunny, her brother was called Toffee :D

Iv put some on banana & offered her it but she won’t take. Iv left it there for her. I’m going to phone as vets opened at 8. Toffee & treacle are lovely names. I’m sorry you lost them xx

I understand your reluctance to give greens with her history.
Glad she had more poo. Some bunnies need more time to clear meds/ga from vets. Having fluids at vets means she was well-hydrated , so might not be thirsty.

She is lucky to have you.

I understand your reluctance to give greens with her history.
Glad she had more poo. Some bunnies need more time to clear meds/ga from vets. Having fluids at vets means she was well-hydrated , so might not be thirsty.

She is lucky to have you.

Thank you so much [emoji3590]. Iv just phoned vets & they want her in for 9.30. Hrs she had fluids while under. Hopefully get something. I will buy some greens to try her while out xx

That’s us home & you wouldn’t believe it…….she’s eating lol. Vet gave another pain relief injection plus another gut stimulation one. Just home & put her down & she started eating her hay. I also gave done parsley & she’s munching away in that. I’m o Ed the moon as vet said if not eating by this afternoon she needed to come in & stay in. She has definitely been keeping me on my toes [emoji23]. I’m just so happy she’s eating once again. Must have just needed extra time to regain her appetite xx

Back