• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bella in for treatment

Clair071085

Warren Scout
Morning all. That’s Bella at vets for dental & xray. I left her at 8.45 this morning. I’m absolutely worried sick something will go wrong her going under. My heads pounding & I feel like I might vomit & crying. I love her so much. Please pray for her & send vibes that she will be ok. I’m waiting for the call to say she woke up & all went ok for her. I opted for blood test & fluids as they said can do that for extra precaution while under. She tried to jump into my arms while getting her heart checked & I lent down & she nuzzled in. She’s so special just hope all will be ok for her & will have her home. Iv set up extra beds, pillows & blankets for her return so she can rest & sleep it off. I can’t help myself worrying this much xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all, that’s vets just off phone. Bella is ok just very sleepy. Thank goodness she woke up. The only thing was she had a bout of diarrhoea while under. The vet asked questions & said if she has another to phone them. We are picking her up at 6.15. Her spurs had caused wee ulcers but they are done now. They said xray didn’t show anything concerning underneath. I got him to check last had dental & was only 1st now & if thought October. Not long at all so she’s going to need it regular & I guess sooner than this space of time if it was causing ulcer type things. I just hope she’s ok when home & starts eating etc xx

Sorry I missed your thread this morning, glad Bella has come through ok, the waiting is the worse part I always think. Hope she settles back in ok, she'll probably still be sleepy for a while and may not want to eat. Some wet herbs might help, that way they get fluids too. Let us know how she's doing when you can xx

Hi, thank you. She woke up & getting her at 6.15 xx

I just read your update. I hope Bella gets home and eats well when she gets home. We are waiting for your news and keep sending vibrations xxxxxxx

Just seen your thread. I am sending tons of vibes for Bella and hope and pray she will recover nicely. xx

Sorry I missed your thread this morning, glad Bella has come through ok, the waiting is the worse part I always think. Hope she settles back in ok, she'll probably still be sleepy for a while and may not want to eat. Some wet herbs might help, that way they get fluids too. Let us know how she's doing when you can xx

Hi, thank you. She’s home now but not ate or pooped yet so will keep an eye. Poor girls just resting now xx

Back