Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bella in for treatment

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    Vet is good call. Did she get pain meds at vet? Did you give green veggie/herbs to get her eating. Raven is good to syringe medicam in his mouth, and some bunnies take from oral syringe.
    Vet may be able to inject pain meds, yet some make certain bunnies very tired.
    Raven had dental Nov 11 and Jan 11, and already had one sore cheek. Though time between dentals varies .
    Raven has been like belle in past , and fully recovered with supportive care.
    Sending vibes for Bella.
    Hi, thank you. They said she had pain meds while at vets & since I have metacalm already to give that today. She took another couple pellets & had pooped more than I thought as she had been lying in the tray on them. Bella canít have herbs because of her tummy as had to cut all out because of the cecotropes. Iím worried to give incase it makes her poo runny. She needs the metacalm for arthritis & will be sore & start getting poo stuck to her bum again not having it. Iím sorry to hear your bun needs dental also. I will see what vet says xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    My bridge bun Treacle took a few days to eat anything like normal after a dental. Bellas is still likely sore from the spurs, and the procedure, but yes I would contact the vet for advice always. Have you tried a little organic fruit flavoured baby food, like the Aldi one ? or putting metacam on a slice of banana, wet herbs maybe. Sorry if these have been suggested before. Sending more vibes for your girl xx
    Morning, thank you. Iv not tried these but have bananas here. Should I give her a bit or mash it? Yes sheís still sore & no way will I be able to get a syringe into her. They also said they gave her something to get guts moving she had that last time. I donít drive & we are quite far away from shops but Iím still going to phone the vet as if she doesnít get metacalm she will get cecotropes stuck to her & would be very distressing to wash her in this state. It reassuring that itís not just her not eating in the way that itís not abnormal. At least she took a couple pellets. Treacle is a lovely name xx

Quote Originally Posted by Clair071085 View Post
    Morning, thank you. Iv not tried these but have bananas here. Should I give her a bit or mash it? Yes sheís still sore & no way will I be able to get a syringe into her. They also said they gave her something to get guts moving she had that last time. I donít drive & we are quite far away from shops but Iím still going to phone the vet as if she doesnít get metacalm she will get cecotropes stuck to her & would be very distressing to wash her in this state. It reassuring that itís not just her not eating in the way that itís not abnormal. At least she took a couple pellets. Treacle is a lovely name xx

Just try a slice and syringe a little metacam in and see how that goes down. Aww thank you, yes and she was the sweetest bunny, her brother was called Toffee
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    Just try a slice and syringe a little metacam in and see how that goes down. Aww thank you, yes and she was the sweetest bunny, her brother was called Toffee
    Iv put some on banana & offered her it but she wonít take. Iv left it there for her. Iím going to phone as vets opened at 8. Toffee & treacle are lovely names. Iím sorry you lost them xx

I understand your reluctance to give greens with her history.
    Glad she had more poo. Some bunnies need more time to clear meds/ga from vets. Having fluids at vets means she was well-hydrated , so might not be thirsty.

She is lucky to have you.

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    I understand your reluctance to give greens with her history.
    Glad she had more poo. Some bunnies need more time to clear meds/ga from vets. Having fluids at vets means she was well-hydrated , so might not be thirsty.

She is lucky to have you.
    Thank you so much . Iv just phoned vets & they want her in for 9.30. Hrs she had fluids while under. Hopefully get something. I will buy some greens to try her while out xx

Warren Scout

Thatís us home & you wouldnít believe itÖÖ.sheís eating lol. Vet gave another pain relief injection plus another gut stimulation one. Just home & put her down & she started eating her hay. I also gave done parsley & sheís munching away in that. Iím o Ed the moon as vet said if not eating by this afternoon she needed to come in & stay in. She has definitely been keeping me on my toes . Iím just so happy sheís eating once again. Must have just needed extra time to regain her appetite xx

great update, well done Bella & you

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    great update, well done Bella & you
    Yes so pleased, thank you . Iv put some critical care on a wee plate for her if she wants it but donít think she will need now xx

Well done Bella

ĎíAll war is a symptom of manís failure as a thinking animal.Ē
    ―John Steinbeck.

I used to be ĎJackís-Janeí but I have been logged out of that account and I canít get back in !