• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boo would like a tunnel of moderate diameter, bendy & very, very long

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
like something you could snake around a room. I don't anticipate any chewing issues but she is blind so the tunnel edges need to be relatively soft ie not cause her a mischief when she runs in. I rehomed their hard tunnels this year as they weren't safe for her anymore

I don't know if such a thing exists but if it does I know she'd like it

Can anyone help ?

Oh bless her, I would make her one if I could. A quick search on Etsy brought one up, made of fleece, but quite small. Might be worth asking them if they could do bigger ones, which you could join ?

I've got a cat one but it doesn't snake so much, but would if you put 2 or 3 together? It's this one (except the balls have been chewed off :oops:) and it only goes together one side (it should clip both to fold down into a flat circle) because somebun (Aboleth) chewed the loop or dowel off.

108916910_934.jpg

108916907_934.jpg

I've got a spare unused one in its packet in the garage too. It's Lidl's Zoofari brand. I could send them if you want them? I'll find a way of folding the used one down XD

huh - Bob has decided with no bed frame to hide them under he isn't keen on having a zippi style arrangement of tubes around the remaining floor space. Spoilsport :lol: Thats very kind KK but I reckon I could pick up something similar - leopard skin gives me the willies :lol::lol:

Pets mum - I've seen those & they look amazing - quite pricey for a really long one I reckon though. I've been contemplating having a go at making some fabric ones myself :lol: the outcome will keep us all laughing for months. I've loads of fleeces, quilt covers etc owned by the bunnies - I need some hoops though. I'm aiming for aesthetically pleasing, functional & foldable. Not asking much eh

huh - Bob has decided with no bed frame to hide them under he isn't keen on having a zippi style arrangement of tubes around the remaining floor space. Spoilsport [emoji38] Thats very kind KK but I reckon I could pick up something similar - leopard skin gives me the willies [emoji38][emoji38]

Pets mum - I've seen those & they look amazing - quite pricey for a really long one I reckon though. I've been contemplating having a go at making some fabric ones myself [emoji38] the outcome will keep us all laughing for months. I've loads of fleeces, quilt covers etc owned by the bunnies - I need some hoops though. I'm aiming for aesthetically pleasing, functional & foldable. Not asking much eh
If you hadn't said aesthetically pleasing I'd have had a go [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

You could message cheriseru, she's really good at sewing and making piggie fleece items - she might give you some tips or have some ideas!

I was just thinking, to avoid hoops, what about wading in the middle of two pieces of polar fleece? Would be soft and foldable but still give it rigidity? So it doesn't collapse on her head! Wouldn't be that hard tbh, you sew all three together, down the long sizes, think really long rectangle, then sew the long sides together, then turn inside out then invisible stitch the ends shut? And if you left the fleece a few cm longer on the short sides you could get a nice edge? Idk I'm not a sewing expert tbh [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

oh wow, you think it might be doable. I'm so **** at these things. I'm scared of threading the sewing machine & couldn't sow straight to safe my life. You can be my mentor Graicee. I like the idea of not using wires. This could be a fun eco friendly project but I'll need to stay off the gin. I do need to get sewing machine out - been promising to make draught excluders with Bobs old pyjamas for months:lol:

oh wow, you think it might be doable. I'm so **** at these things. I'm scared of threading the sewing machine & couldn't sow straight to safe my life. You can be my mentor Graicee. I like the idea of not using wires. This could be a fun eco friendly project but I'll need to stay off the gin. I do need to get sewing machine out - been promising to make draught excluders with Bobs old pyjamas for months[emoji38]
It'll be like the blind leading the blind but yea sure [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

There's a website with very reasonable fleece cheriseru sent me I'll find it! I think they do wadding too :)

But yea I reckon it's possible!

https://poundfabrics.co.uk/

This was the place ^

Gotta be done [emoji38] https://poundfabrics.co.uk/collecti...ll-polar-fleece-fabric?variant=39372510265367

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
leopard skin gives me the willies :lol::lol:
I'll dig out my Kenny Everett leggings next time we go for a walk :lol: :thumb: :twisted:

RE: wire, if you decide to use it. I have some ancient polytunnel hoops I was always intending to make some sort of hoopy tunnel thingy with for the bunnies outside, I still haven't used them. They're decent thickness metal so less risk of bending/breaking and easily (easier?) covered. My sewing skills are... OK (taking up almost every pair of trousers I own is constant practice!), but time is my issue :lol: I don;t use the machine, I dunno where the footpedal is and I can't use that while watching TV on the sofa!

I'll dig out my Kenny Everett leggings next time we go for a walk :lol: :thumb: :twisted:

RE: wire, if you decide to use it. I have some ancient polytunnel hoops I was always intending to make some sort of hoopy tunnel thingy with for the bunnies outside, I still haven't used them. They're decent thickness metal so less risk of bending/breaking and easily (easier?) covered. My sewing skills are... OK (taking up almost every pair of trousers I own is constant practice!), but time is my issue :lol: I don;t use the machine, I dunno where the footpedal is and I can't use that while watching TV on the sofa!

oh my word - not sure I can cope with the Kenny everitt leggings:lol: you'd have to walk behind me :lol:

Yeah I think loops are the way to go...but I've kinda lost motivation with the project now :lol: I'm going to try & make her a hugger bed, chance to improve sewing machine confidence.

Those fabrics are really nice graicee. i'm going to play round with old stuff though since it will all be a disaster anyway

oh my word - not sure I can cope with the Kenny everitt leggings:lol: you'd have to walk behind me :lol:

Yeah I think loops are the way to go...but I've kinda lost motivation with the project now :lol: I'm going to try & make her a hugger bed, chance to improve sewing machine confidence.

Those fabrics are really nice graicee. i'm going to play round with old stuff though since it will all be a disaster anyway
Well if you want them (the hoops!) let me know :D

About 18"? Bigger than a foot but smaller than two.

think I need much, much smaller. I want it to feel like a tunnel when (if) she runs through. It was a super kind offer though, thank you

i made boobly (very badly sewn but it feels solid) a hugger bed. She has used it but of course when I arrive on the scene with my camera all she will do is sit upright, in exchange for a few nuggets

hpw2UjAl.jpg

of course I couldn't leave Mousey out. Made her the navy hugger bed & the grey fleecey bed - she can't decide which to use :lol::love:

Jy31OC7l.jpg

Oh well done Mousey, you've christened it :lol: beautiful girlies :love: and well done J & B hugger beds look great, can I have one in my size please :lol:

don't encourage her PM :lol: You can have a human size hugger bed after I get my hand knitted socks, knickers & vest

She's flopped in it now :love:

DUuClEKm.jpg
eexmaIdm.jpg

don't encourage her PM :lol: You can have a human size hugger bed after I get my hand knitted socks, knickers & vest

She's flopped in it now :love:

DUuClEKm.jpg
[/IMG]
eexmaIdm.jpg
[/IMG]

Ah they both look so cute, so cute buns, mashallah. :love:
By the way, I want to ask something. What are these rabbit beds called, I want to buy them too. :D

Back