• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spacious Rabbit Hutch with Run

MPAT

New Kit
Hi All

For 2 rabbits, I am looking for a 5 inch rabbit hutch with run and ramp, which will be kept in the Shed (has windows). After reading many reviews I have raised my budget to £200, however, still cannot find a decent hutch! Always one problem or another, the hutch is not sturdy, the rabbits are chewing the wood in the hutch, hutches start falling apart, hinges/doors breaking! Did not think there could be so many problems with a hutch! I really hope someone on here can recommend a hutch they have that has lasted, is sturdy and is spacious.

Thank you in advance

Thanks for all your posts, I got a 6 foot hutch with an extended run, but they're actually using the whole shed as well as my garden and neighbours garden now. Lucky bunnies. :D

Last edited:
Could they not be kept free range in the summer house?

Would give lots more space and you would save on buying a hutch!

Hi would a Summer house get too hot in Summer, or will you move them outside then? Despite my problems of my rabbits not sleeping in their hutch, they just love their run!! I would still recommend the Omlet Eglu hutch and run, because you can extend it with zippi tunnels and playpens. My rabbits Binky away, so happy. The metal cage is really sturdy and as the hutch is plastic it is really easy to clean.

I wouldnt advise getting a plastic hutch as they are too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer.

My outdoor rabbits are in a shed/aviary set up. The shed is insulated and lined with lino. They have over the recommended 10 x 6 foot space.

Sorry, I'm not sure why I called it a Summer House it's actually a massive shed with windows and in the shade.

The best hutch is one you build yourself, not the shop type. If it is being kept inside a shed then it will last much longer as it is out of the weather. Are your Rabbits safe going into your neighbour's garden? Home and Roost do some reasonable hutches. :thumb:

Last edited:
Back