• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Anyone got one of these for their buns?

I suppose it depends if your bunny is a chewer or not!
My concern would be buying it and then it not been touched :roll:

try ebay the ones without tops like just a dog bed are £3.25 on ebay and some of my bunns love (place where they just sit in there sopt in the house mine go to sleep in theirs) them cause there 40 cm just comftable for bunns and some chew them, but for £3.25 who cares (£29.99 outragous)

Eve x

Don't do eBay as I had a blazing row with them over paypal. and I went off in a strop saying they may as well cancel my account as I wouldn't be using it again. :oops: There must be other cheap places other than just eBay.

Hi

I have an open top cat bed for all of my rabbits and they just love them! One has been chewed but just stuffing in there and she didn't chew too much. It did take a few days for Pippa to use it but now you can't get her out of it, I pop her snuggle safe under it too so its very cosy. My local market has cheaper ones so maybe try there? That way if they don't use it not too much money spent and u could always donate to a local cat or dog rescue!

My youngest bun didn't think much, sits in it occasionally but prefers vet bed! I'm sure somebody would love it tho :)

We also use the wicker cat baskets at work with vet bed in, that way if they chew it's not so messy and nothing to swallow that shouldn't be!!

Nicola

Diddeen said:
do you have a wilkinsons?
They do cat beds fairly cheap.. cant remember how much they are now.

Haven't seen a Wilkinsons down here - thought it was a northern chain.. do correct me if I'm wrong and there's one in the Bracknell/ Camberely area.

They are everywhere hehehe.
Ok just looked on their site, www.wilko.co.uk and there is one in Farnborough and aldershot as well as many others.
As i say i dunno how much they are in there but most things are quite cheap in there.

Diddeen said:
They are everywhere hehehe.
Ok just looked on their site, www.wilko.co.uk and there is one in Farnborough and aldershot as well as many others.
As i say i dunno how much they are in there but most things are quite cheap in there.

Thanks Chris - Farnborough is very close so will go there and suss it out.

I bought Fonzie a pyramid shaped one just for her to have somewhere cozy and dark to go, she only uses it occaionally, though!! :roll:

We had one of these for our Cats a while ago and they didn't go near it apart from a quick sniff. We then left it out for the Rabbits but again they just left it.

Obviously not exciting enough! :D

Louise

Back