Thread: Allergy in rabbit

Default Allergy in rabbit

It became clear that the only reason for Cookie's sneezes was allergies. Cookie is relaxed and happy but still keeps sneezing a lot. This still worries me a little, I wonder if it will turn into a disease or how I will distinguish when sick.

We never enter the house with shoes, I never use chemical products when wiping the floor, I do not use scented products. The vet suggested washing the hay but does it produce bacteria as the hay dries? (maybe a silly question )

I am open to any information and suggestions you can give me about rabbit allergy.

I think it would be ok to spritz hay with a fine mist of water from a spray bottle, yet only as much as he eats that day.
    Another option If the hay has a lot of dust/small bits, is to put in mesh laundry bag/other open weave fabric and give it a shake outside or in a bin bag to remove some of the dust/small bits.

Also consider different cutting of hay if you can. First cutting has more seed heads which suggests more pollen.

You will know to contact vet if cookies symptoms get worse or if his nasal discharge gets thicker or yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    I think it would be ok to spritz hay with a fine mist of water from a spray bottle, yet only as much as he eats that day.
    Another option If the hay has a lot of dust/small bits, is to put in mesh laundry bag/other open weave fabric and give it a shake outside or in a bin bag to remove some of the dust/small bits.

Also consider different cutting of hay if you can. First cutting has more seed heads which suggests more pollen.

You will know to contact vet if cookies symptoms get worse or if his nasal discharge gets thicker or yellow.
    I washed the hay tonight and let it dry. I hope it works. But your ideas are good. Thanks for your advice.