• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Condensation or rubbish tarp?

bundit

Warren Scout
When I went inside the rabbit run today the inside of the tarp was completely covered in drips. It's soaking.

I wondered if this was condensation or water seeping through, it is also wet on the outside.

I didn't know whether to buy another tarp - a thicker one (although this one is very thick already), or if it's just condensation.

Thanks.

Could beeither or both. You still need some ventilation to minimise condensation. Can you lift it at any point so it's not just resting on solid surfaces?

You can always check the relative humidity to see if it's condensation: the Met Office will give you approximate details for your area :) Anything about 80% could well be condensation.

It's strange as it looks like condensation, but there is more ventilation than tarp!
The tarp covers half the roof (the other half of the run is open) and drapes down but has 2 foot gaps at bottom and whole of front is open.
Ah well they seem happy enough.

All my covers have been dripping for days! I have never known it to be this bad for so long. It's horrible!

Back