• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Joey's Last Supper - Sleep tight, Sweet Dreams beautiful boy

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
My gentle and beautiful boy is in his forever sleep now. His foot tumour got so big & was starting to ulcer, & in the past few days & he'd become disconnected to Boobly, she'd siddle in for a cuddle & he'd hop away. Yesterday he had sad eyes & I felt he was telling me he was fed up. I'd already been out to get him a greens & herby feast so indulged him all night long, with extra drugs too. He actually reconnected with Boo, they had lots of cuddles right up to the end:love:
9HTRNHvl.jpg

I think we chose the right time for him, I like that he had Boobly loves on his last day & he didn't get to the point of refusing food. He went peacefully at our local vets

Thank you to everyone who had admired Joey & followed his adventures. I shall write him a tribute of his almost 11 years in time

Oh I'm so sorry it was Joey's time. A wonderful rabbit who I'm sure is a firm favourite of the forum. Thinking of you and Boo xx

Sleep tight beautiful Joey :love: You enjoyed a perfect life with heaps of love and fun, together with loads of wonderful forage. We will all miss you terribly, but agree it would not have been fair to ask you to stay with us for longer.

Lots of love and hugs, j&b, plus nose rubs for Boobly. You will all be in my thoughts.

Sorry to read your sad news, binky free Joey. Sounds like he had the perfect last night with Boo - I hope she is coping ok. Lots of love xx

So, so sorry to read this.

I am heartbroken for you and your warren.

It really did sound like the right time though, it wasn't going to get any better so when the quality has gone...

:cry::cry:

Boo seems no different yet - she may not know. I've done it previous but I don't like to take the healthy rabbit to PTS apps as worry what associations that bunny will have with vets so Boo stayed here. I got Bob to dismantle our bed frame so the mattress is on the floor. This way she can get to us easily for loves if she wants.

I’m so very sorry:cry: so sad. You did everything you could for him. Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

I am so terribly sorry and I feel an enormous heartbreak. Joey was a unique one of a kind special bun whose personality was larger than most. What an astonishing life he has had to be blessed to have you caring for him and to have such perfect companions by his side. A huge void has been left with Joey now sleeping in his forever sleep. I am sure I am not the only one shedding tears for a rabbit whom I never met but whose soul I felt I knew.
Binkey free you magnificent rabbit. The bridge will be lit up with your presence and our hearts will always remember you. Xxx

What a special goodbye for your special Joey. It brings tears to my eyes that his tumor grew so quickly, yet visions of treats, boo love and the love of his special humans in is final hours brings warmth to my heart. We should all be so lucky to leave this world surrounded by those we love.

Oh gosh I'm just so very sorry :love: you made his last day filled with love from you, Bob and Boobly and I'm sure he would know that. Rest in peace handsome boy, you are going to be missed by so many xxxx

I'm incredibly sad for you that you've had to say goodbye to Joey. I think it's hardest when we know there is really no other way to insure their peace and well being than to let them go. It was good of him to tell you it was time. Precious boy, he will be so deeply missed. :cry:
Hugs to you and Boo. Sleep well, Joey. :cry: xxxxx

Ah I'm really sorry. Even though he went to sleep with a wonderful life and happy, I was still very sad. Sleep in the lights, I send lots of hugs to you and wish you patience. :( xxxxxxxxxx

your decision shows great kindness for him. very brave of you.
Rest in Peace dearest Joey xxxxx

Back