• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aoife - Ill Again :-(

Oh no I'm really sorry. I am sending so many feelings for you and Aoife. :( Xxxxxxxx

Oh God, no... :cry::cry::cry:
Thinking of you and Endeavour. I'm so very sorry, Jane. ((((((Huge hugs)))))) xxxxx

Thank you everyone

Aoife is still with us. Our Vet is due back here in an hour. We are doing everything possible to try to save Aoife.

Our Vet believes Aoife has a chance of recovery and wants me to continue treating her with meds, fluids and syringe feeds.

In short, at about 4am I found her collapsed and very very bloated. We could not get blood from her for ages as she was so shut down. But after some heavy duty pain relief and lots of fluids we got enough to check her blood glucose. After further examination it was deemed safe to start prokinetics.

Aoife was vaccinated two days ago. We dont know if this caused her to become so ill. She never had any adverse reaction to previous vaccinations with the same vaccine.

She is still not eating or pooping, but our Vet is more optimistic about her chances than she was earlier this morning.

Back