• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Flopsy is unwell

Buka

Warren Scout
Flopsy is very unwell. For the past two days Flopsy has not been moving around as much, but because I work I assumed that she was active when I wasn’t around and at night. Yesterday her droppings became very small and I started to be worried but she was eating as normal. This morning I woke up to see that she has not eaten nor pooped all night and she refuses to eat this morning, even though I offered her fresh basil. I’m going to phone the vet once they open at 9am.

😓😓😓😓

Sending lots of positive vibes for Flopsy. It sounds like she will get prompt care which is so important for a full recovery.

Last edited:
Poor Flopsy, I hope that the Vet will see her quickly. Whilst waiting make sure that Flopsy is warm. Even if indoors sick Rabbits can struggle to maintain their body temperature and they might need an additional source of warmth such as a heat pad.

Thank you both ���� The vet won’t see me till 2pm �� but at least she’s going to be seen today… I’m going to see if she’ll let me rub her tummy in the meantime

I'm so sorry to hear that. Please keep us informed of developments. I send a lot of vibrations for Lopsy. Xxxxxxxx

The vet has seen her and said she can hear gut sounds which is reassuring but she gave her injection of painkillers and gut stimulant, as well as S/C fluids and some meds to take home… I’ll keep an eye on her and hope she feels better tomorrow ��

Got home and managed to syringe feed her (first thing she ate since yesterday �� ), also gave her a tummy massage. I’ll try and syringe feed her later on. I’ll also be offering her her favourite snacks -
Basil, mint etc just to get her eating again, as per the vets advice….

I hope she poops soon!

Hi, I hope you managed to get her to eat? I think not eating & pooping can be GI statis. I hope this is not the case xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She’s had some herbs (not much). I’ve been told by the vet to feed her Recovery liquid food so I did twice…

I’m worried I’m stressing her even more though causing her not to be able to poop. She hopped about a bit which gave me some hope but no poop yet!

I’m very worried :(

I pray she is going to poop by tomorrow :(

She just pooped!!!

I’m so happy, my son and I started dancing around the room! :love:

Very small poops and just about two spoonfuls of them but I hope it’s a start. :love:

Flopsy has been much more active, I could feel her jumping on my bed at night. She seems bright and is hoping around. She also pooped at night although not a huge amount. She is eating although less than usual. She let me give her her meds this morning. I’m not sure she’s drinking much and there’s no urine in any of her litter boxes (she might have urinated in her hay box though). I’m going to phone the vet later with an update. I wonder if it’s worth feeding her water with a syringe?

Having checked online I don’t think giving her water in a syringe is a good idea. I’ll see what the vet says. Yesterday when the vet checked her over she said she wasn’t dehydrated.

Fluids are important. Wet herbs, syringing water and liquid recovery food should help, yet vet may need to give more fluids, and perhaps show you how to do it at home. It is good she pooped and is more active. Sending vibes.

Back