Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flopsy is unwell

Warren Scout

Default Flopsy is unwell

Flopsy is very unwell. For the past two days Flopsy has not been moving around as much, but because I work I assumed that she was active when I wasnít around and at night. Yesterday her droppings became very small and I started to be worried but she was eating as normal. This morning I woke up to see that she has not eaten nor pooped all night and she refuses to eat this morning, even though I offered her fresh basil. Iím going to phone the vet once they open at 9am.

😓😓😓😓

Sending lots of positive vibes for Flopsy. It sounds like she will get prompt care which is so important for a full recovery.
    Last edited by bunny momma; 12-01-2022 at 05:41 PM.

Poor Flopsy, I hope that the Vet will see her quickly. Whilst waiting make sure that Flopsy is warm. Even if indoors sick Rabbits can struggle to maintain their body temperature and they might need an additional source of warmth such as a heat pad.

I used to be ĎJackís-Janeí but I have been logged out of that account and I canít get back in !

Warren Scout

Thank you both ���� The vet won’t see me till 2pm �� but at least she’s going to be seen today… I’m going to see if she’ll let me rub her tummy in the meantime

I'm so sorry to hear that. Please keep us informed of developments. I send a lot of vibrations for Lopsy. Xxxxxxxx

Warren Scout

The vet receptionist phoned me back and said they’ll see me at 10:30am. Phew

Wise Old Thumper

Sending vibes for Flopsy x

Glad they managed to fit you in!

Sending lots of vibes for Flopsy x

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Warren Scout

The vet has seen her and said she can hear gut sounds which is reassuring but she gave her injection of painkillers and gut stimulant, as well as S/C fluids and some meds to take home… I’ll keep an eye on her and hope she feels better tomorrow ��

Warren Scout

Got home and managed to syringe feed her (first thing she ate since yesterday �� ), also gave her a tummy massage. I’ll try and syringe feed her later on. I’ll also be offering her her favourite snacks -
    Basil, mint etc just to get her eating again, as per the vets advice….

I hope she poops soon!