• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Raven dental today 1/10/22

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
Raven is getting dental today as those who subscribe to his old thread know. For his last dental two months ago the vet changed the drug protocol for his dental and he recovered better than in the past. Yet I still worry about my handsome 1.1kg seven year old. We can use vibes.

Loads of vibes for a smooth dental. You never stop worrying when they are having a GA but I'm glad the likelihood is he'll recover faster than previously

I'm sending out a lot of vibration for Raven. I hope little Raven gets through this easily and is a happy bun xxxxxx

Thanks friends. Raven ate some greens after getting pain meds. Vet said his upper tooth irritated his cheek, and his lowers molars had points on tongue side going more upward. Glad vet made a special appt for Raven. He lost weight yet is still not too thin, so I look forward to spoiling him.

Thanks friends. Raven ate some greens after getting pain meds. Vet said his upper tooth irritated his cheek, and his lowers molars had points on tongue side going more upward. Glad vet made a special appt for Raven. He lost weight yet is still not too thin, so I look forward to spoiling him.

Ah hopefully We see Raven recovering, happy and eating lots of hay, vegetables, treats. Amin. Xxxxxx

Sorry I missed your thread about Ravens dental. Really pleased that it went well and he's eating ok, hope he had a good night, you too xx

He is eating greens and a small amount of hay. He is having his afternoon rest. Since he will be needing regular dentals, I am glad he does better with minimal ga.
.Even so, I appreciate your support and soothing words.

Raven thanks you as do I. He ate a few pellets after getting pain meds and a bit of hay, and continues to eat greens. He is not getting syringe fed atm. He will be weighed in a couple days to verify he is now eating enough to keep his weight stable.
He is still moulting, so continued maintenance does of motility meds started last week. He may not need them again.

Back