Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 75cm most rabbits would easily jump right?

Warren Veteran

I wouldn't trust any rabbit with 2' / 60cm. Most rabbits won't bother to clear 3' / 90cm. Some need 4' / 120cm or higher to be certain.

I've not had a rabbit who wouldn't have cleared that. 90cm has been fine for everybun: Lopsy could easily jump that high, but the fact there's nothing but straight up and straight down over a pen panel stopped him. If he had had a place to even momentarily place his feet, he might have done it more often. He easily climbed his 2.5' run to get over the top though, so yeah, anything with paw-holds would be out! If you can't get one 120cm (I'd say if it's got a 1cm+ wide top) you can add some pretty trellis or something to the top?
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

its so ridiculous but also super cute that he climbs

none of my rabbits could clear 20cm now

I had the Manor pet panels made to 1m high.

It was a bit pricier but Rodney has an awful habit of mega jumping out and then getting himself stuck on the radiator by their cage.

They're nice and smooth and he has never managed it even with a house pushed against the walls to help. We have solid wood on the sides by the wall and then clear ones everywhere else.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone, really helpful info

He's climbed something 5ft high before, and a ladder a few times, madness I know but the smooth sides I reckon would stop it if maybe they were 1m tall or maybe a bit more? Tricky one! I'm desperate to get rid of a cage as their base when we move, not only are they ugly, but hard to clean too with the textured base and they get gross and the hay dust settles on the bars, I'm hoping this will stop so much hay being all over the place too as it can't fall through the sides!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Thanks everyone, really helpful info

He's climbed something 5ft high before, and a ladder a few times, madness I know but the smooth sides I reckon would stop it if maybe they were 1m tall or maybe a bit more? Tricky one! I'm desperate to get rid of a cage as their base when we move, not only are they ugly, but hard to clean too with the textured base and they get gross and the hay dust settles on the bars, I'm hoping this will stop so much hay being all over the place too as it can't fall through the sides!

5 feet ! that's almost like climbing up me naughty bun hopefully they will be able to help you out, I'm sure you won't be the first to ask for custom build. Good luck !
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    5 feet ! that's almost like climbing up me naughty bun hopefully they will be able to help you out, I'm sure you won't be the first to ask for custom build. Good luck !
    He's very determined to get up high for some reason! Yea hopefully, just need to figure out height

Primrose used to climb our bookshelves and then look down upon us.

Even she was defeated by the 1m cage to be fair, although she was quite content with a spot on top of the house in the corner so she could watch everything.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk