• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

75cm most rabbits would easily jump right?

Graciee

Staff member
Just looking at indoor bun accommodation for Atticus and Clementine for when we move, but I'm a bit worried about Atticus.. [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Just looking at indoor bun accommodation for Atticus and Clementine for when we move, but I'm a bit worried about Atticus.. [emoji38]

I think a lively, fearless bunny would easily jump that, yes. It depends on the bunny's character though. Tui wouldn't jump it, but Froe would :) The concern I would have in addition to him escaping from where you would want him to be, is that he could jump badly and hurt himself.

I think a lively, fearless bunny would easily jump that, yes. It depends on the bunny's character though. Tui wouldn't jump it, but Froe would :) The concern I would have in addition to him escaping from where you would want him to be, is that he could jump badly and hurt himself.
Yea my issue with Atticus is he climbs, like he can climb a ladder or mesh.. He's basically a primate. But this would be the Manor pet housing panels, so they're wood and just clear plastic panel.. So nothing to grip.. But then I'm thinking he might be able to just hop it! It's not like they'd be in there the whole time, door would be open mostly.. But when I need them contained, I don't want them springing out [emoji38] especially if the front doors open or something, I need to be able to lock them somewhere to keep them safe sometimes. That's what we do now but their cage is so ugly, was hoping to get something nicer looking!

Ah Cookie had jumped 65 cm high and scared me a lot. From that day on, I put a cat net on that high thing because I was afraid he would do he again and injure himself. Is there any precaution you can take on the height?

Can they make them a bit higher if you are worried ? or are they just one standard size
Maybe I could ask! They are a standard height, but might do a custom panel if I ask
Ah Cookie had jumped 65 cm high and scared me a lot. From that day on, I put a cat net on that high thing because I was afraid he would do he again and injure himself. Is there any precaution you can take on the height?
Yea they do a mesh lid.. But it's not very pretty [emoji38]

Maybe I could ask! They are a standard height, but might do a custom panel if I askYea they do a mesh lid.. But it's not very pretty [emoji38]

You have to forget the aesthetic part :lol:

Perhaps get a stock puppy pen to test his ability ,or get some type of cover, or even an overhang ledge on inside if climbing issue.
Some bunnies more adventurous than others.

If you read the description on MPH site, it states: 'Manor pet housing also carry out bespoke deigns to fit into awkward spaces and irregular shapes, yet still maximising floor space for your rabbits living area.' It also states they do larger sizes for Giants.

I can't see you would have any problem getting them to make exactly what you want :)

I wouldn't trust any rabbit with 2' / 60cm. Most rabbits won't bother to clear 3' / 90cm. Some need 4' / 120cm or higher to be certain.

I've not had a rabbit who wouldn't have cleared that. 90cm has been fine for everybun: Lopsy could easily jump that high, but the fact there's nothing but straight up and straight down over a pen panel stopped him. If he had had a place to even momentarily place his feet, he might have done it more often. He easily climbed his 2.5' run to get over the top though, so yeah, anything with paw-holds would be out! If you can't get one 120cm (I'd say if it's got a 1cm+ wide top) you can add some pretty trellis or something to the top?

its so ridiculous but also super cute that he climbs :lol::love:

none of my rabbits could clear 20cm now

I had the Manor pet panels made to 1m high.

It was a bit pricier but Rodney has an awful habit of mega jumping out and then getting himself stuck on the radiator by their cage.

They're nice and smooth and he has never managed it even with a house pushed against the walls to help. We have solid wood on the sides by the wall and then clear ones everywhere else.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone, really helpful info :)

He's climbed something 5ft high before, and a ladder a few times, madness I know [emoji38] but the smooth sides I reckon would stop it if maybe they were 1m tall or maybe a bit more? [emoji38] Tricky one! I'm desperate to get rid of a cage as their base when we move, not only are they ugly, but hard to clean too with the textured base and they get gross and the hay dust settles on the bars, I'm hoping this will stop so much hay being all over the place too as it can't fall through the sides!

Thanks everyone, really helpful info :)

He's climbed something 5ft high before, and a ladder a few times, madness I know [emoji38] but the smooth sides I reckon would stop it if maybe they were 1m tall or maybe a bit more? [emoji38] Tricky one! I'm desperate to get rid of a cage as their base when we move, not only are they ugly, but hard to clean too with the textured base and they get gross and the hay dust settles on the bars, I'm hoping this will stop so much hay being all over the place too as it can't fall through the sides!

5 feet ! that's almost like climbing up me :lol: naughty bun ;) hopefully they will be able to help you out, I'm sure you won't be the first to ask for custom build. Good luck !

5 feet ! that's almost like climbing up me [emoji38] naughty bun ;) hopefully they will be able to help you out, I'm sure you won't be the first to ask for custom build. Good luck !
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] He's very determined to get up high for some reason! Yea hopefully, just need to figure out height

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] Primrose used to climb our bookshelves and then look down upon us.

Even she was defeated by the 1m cage to be fair, although she was quite content with a spot on top of the house in the corner so she could watch everything.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Back