Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tooth root elongation-longterm care

If bun eats some herbs, veggies. How much pellet am I supposed to give? Lets take 1kg / 2.2 lbs bunny. Is 40g enough or too much?

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by AnjaSanja View Post
    If bun eats some herbs, veggies. How much pellet am I supposed to give? Lets take 1kg / 2.2 lbs bunny. Is 40g enough or too much?
    Well I think the advice is to feed one eggcupful per day. That advice is not adjusted for different size of rabbit. Eggcups also come in slightly different sizes

Our eggcups hold about 14g of Science Selective. I actually feed that twice a day, so 28g per bunny per day. My rabbits also are two different sizes, around 4.5kg and 3kg. They are hand-fed and get the same amount, although where there is a choice, the larger one is given full-size pellets and the smaller the others. However, each bunny gets one, rarely two Fibafirst sticks per day, which weigh 13g each.

So it appears that the bunnies here get very close to your 40g per day

Sorry, didn't take into account the lack of hay, which both my two eat a lot of. That being the case and if they will eat Fibafirst, I would feed maybe a couple of sticks a day in addition to the 40g of pellets.
    Last edited by Omi; 23-01-2022 at 01:14 PM.