• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch on balcony

mezrie

Warren Scout
Hello friends,

For any of you that live in flats and apartments with no garden, I wondered if any of you keep your buns in a hutch on your balcony?

Thanks,
Mez

I don't have a balcony but I wouldn't personally as whenever I see someone do this I think there's no way they could be properly sheltered from wind at that height? I could be wrong, but also you'd need a pretty big hutch to give rabbits enough room and unless you have a massive balcony I'm not sure it's suitable.

I do live in a flat and my rabbits are free range inside. We have access to a shared garden but I don't let them use it as it's not secure.

I live in a flat, and one of my bunnies does like to go out to the balcony, but they don't live there and he only goes out when I'm there to keep an eye on him. Like Orenko said, you'd need a very big balcony to give them enough space. Balconies can get very hot in summer, too, depending on their location.

Back