• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Atticus is bad again

I felt the same about my little buns-that they would still be here if they had you or another ru member to give them care, then I remember how happy they made me between bouts of illness and how much they loved my spouse as he gave them snuggles , especially when they were ill.
Atticus could not have better care or more love. Sending vibes .

How is Atticus today? I saw your post asking about enclosure height for atticus and took it as a positive sign.

How is Atticus today? I saw your post asking about enclosure height for atticus and took it as a positive sign.

He's still not 100%, he's still on medication, still not passed enough stuff and output is small and wet still, he keeps getting slightly better then worse again. I honestly don't know what to do with him anymore! Thank you for asking :)

Yea I'm hoping he'll still be with us when we move

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry Atticcus is still having trouble. :( Sending him lots of vibes. I hope he'll start feeling better for real soon, without getting worse again.

He's still not 100%, he's still on medication, still not passed enough stuff and output is small and wet still, he keeps getting slightly better then worse again. I honestly don't know what to do with him anymore! Thank you for asking :)

Yea I'm hoping he'll still be with us when we move

He is with you now and that says a lot about your abilities and his determination. It is a plus that he is improving between relapses. Perhaps he needs meds/treatment adjusted or a little more time to recover.
Sending vibes.

Thanks everyone for thinking of him :)

He's still the same really, he has like a mini clear out and seems a bit better then get uncomfortable again, but we still haven't had the huge clear out that normally happens which I think is the problem. Idk really, I think I've accepted that one of these times he won't recover, I'm hoping it's not this time though obviously. I get so stressed when he's not well, it's very draining medicating him and giving fluids so often for such a long time too with everything else I have going on.

That's so understandable that it's so stressful when he's unwell, and so draining when you have so much else going on... I hope that huge clear out will happen soon, that he can just get it all out and feel much better. I'll keep sending a lot of vibes for your boy.

That's so understandable that it's so stressful when he's unwell, and so draining when you have so much else going on... I hope that huge clear out will happen soon, that he can just get it all out and feel much better. I'll keep sending a lot of vibes for your boy.

Thank you so much, yea it's just like every few hours having to give him things, and looking after Evelyn and the other three buns, and the house renovation has got difficult rn and I didn't get home til 2am last night, I'm just so tired! And I've put my back out again [emoji30] life's a bit much rn tbh

Thank you so much, yea it's just like every few hours having to give him things, and looking after Evelyn and the other three buns, and the house renovation has got difficult rn and I didn't get home til 2am last night, I'm just so tired! And I've put my back out again [emoji30] life's a bit much rn tbh

Gosh, you really do have so much on your mind and so much to do, and I'm so sorry you've put your back out again on top of all of that. :( Sending you many vibes. I hope you can have some moments of rest here and there.

I am so sorry you are dealing with so much rn. Sending vibes.
Now that he is stable, could you give sub q fluids instead of iv? Since they absorb over hours, you should be able to give a greater quantity less often as long as he is well enough to absorb them and he can maintain temp.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all this. He's doing a little better which is good, had some stinky splats, and he's eating so much better and I've eased back on medication, so hoping he'll be okay as we slowly phase it out, stopped doing fluids too, he's drinking lots on his own now so that's always a positive. I think he'll be okay, but recovery seems to be getting worse everytime this happens now, does anyone have any experience of this?

Sounds incredibly hard Graciee , I don’t know how you balance it all. But you’re doing very well ❤️

Sounds incredibly hard Graciee , I don’t know how you balance it all. But you’re doing very well [emoji3590]
I don't know how I do either tbh [emoji38] things are madness here rn. Thank you, hope you and your buns are all doing well :) x

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all this. He's doing a little better which is good, had some stinky splats, and he's eating so much better and I've eased back on medication, so hoping he'll be okay as we slowly phase it out, stopped doing fluids too, he's drinking lots on his own now so that's always a positive. I think he'll be okay, but recovery seems to be getting worse everytime this happens now, does anyone have any experience of this?

IME the recovery times do become much longer as the condition progresses. How soon this occurs varies greatly though. As does whether the frequency of ‘episodes’ increases. It’s not really possible to give a definitive time scale.

I am pleased to read that he appears to be coming out of this latest episode x

Back