Thread: Endeavour

Default Endeavour

He will be 9 next March and he was diagnosed with early onset arthritis at the age of about 2 and a half. He has had his ups and downs and at times getting his pain management right has been a challenge. But overall he has coped reasonably well.

But over the last few weeks his hind legs have been getting weaker, he is less able to keep himself clean and he as noticeable muscle wastage. Within himself he is very bright, eating well and he even had a Spring Fever episode a few days ago ( until I told him it is December !! ). But he is most definitely starting to look like an old boy now. He has such an expressive face and I dread the time when I will not be able to see all his funny ways.

Sorry, just rambling. Tis hard knowing I will not have any more Rabbits

‘’All war is a symptom of man’s failure as a thinking animal.”
    ―John Steinbeck.

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Wise Old Thumper

He's doing well

Based on my experience of Yan, Tan and Tethra, I think that Rexes show their age more than some other rabbits. This could be due to the short fur which shows up their muscle wastage more acutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    He's doing well

Based on my experience of Yan, Tan and Tethra, I think that Rexes show their age more than some other rabbits. This could be due to the short fur which shows up their muscle wastage more acutely.

Miss Bunny Penny was my longest living Standard Rex, 13 years

‘’All war is a symptom of man’s failure as a thinking animal.”
    ―John Steinbeck.

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    He will be 9 next March and he was diagnosed with early onset arthritis at the age of about 2 and a half. He has had his ups and downs and at times getting his pain management right has been a challenge. But overall he has coped reasonably well.

But over the last few weeks his hind legs have been getting weaker, he is less able to keep himself clean and he as noticeable muscle wastage. Within himself he is very bright, eating well and he even had a Spring Fever episode a few days ago ( until I told him it is December !! ). But he is most definitely starting to look like an old boy now. He has such an expressive face and I dread the time when I will not be able to see all his funny ways.

Sorry, just rambling. Tis hard knowing I will not have any more Rabbits

Aw Jane I’m so sorry he’s having troubles . That must be so hard. Is he your only bun left now? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fiver (my minirex) got to approximately 10 years of age and those last few years he had noticeable accelerated difficulty hopping or even sitting up straight and yet reclining also seemed to be painful for him, so that he would sit up all the time but his forelegs would bend to the side and of course his hocks were atrocious due to how he'd place his weight on them to remain comfortable. This was despite aggressive analgesia and the softest yet firmest surfaces I could put down for his comfort.

What a fighting spirit though! Up to his last breath he was so determined to live. I will never forget him, even beyond the love I had for Mimzy and Pip, he made such an impression on me. Pip was technically C's bunny but she often speaks of Fiver because he reached out to her as well and made her feel like he had eyes only for her. He was really a "people bunny" even though he did reel from Mimzy's loss and tried in vain to get Pip to see him as an appealing mate, poor lad! Rexes are amazing creatures.

May you have much more comfy time with dear Endeavour. What a sweetheart he is. xxxxx

Sending you and endeavour gentle hugs. He is lucky to have you.
    While it can be difficult to not think of our own and our pets' futures, it must be so much harder after your recent loss. Take comfort in knowing he is with you now and with your excellent care his life has been and will be enhanced.

Wise Old Thumper

I remember you posting when you got Endeavour. You had been "low". I can't really imagine a time when I won't have any Rabbits. Sending vibes for Endeavour. xx

sending lots of vibes and hugs xx

Time goes so fast almost 9 wow

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

I can empathise with the acceleration in decline. I hope he remains comfy He's had the best of times with you of course, he wouldn't have done half as well eanywhere else. Except maybe Aoife sitting on his head!
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.