• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

helppppp

Shauniex

New Kit
I am gonna buy two rabbits next year, which I am very excited about but, I already have a rabbit ( house rabbit ) and, will they get along so far Lola is okay alone but with two other rabbits will she be okay or should i not get rabbits to protect her? she is a lovely rabbit, she don't bite or get scared so I am not sure what to do

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-care-advice/ownership/bonding-rabbits/

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund has lots of good info on things like this :) Rabbits do best in pairs as they are social animals and would never live alone in the wild. The best combo is a spayed female and neutered male, so providing Lola is already spayed there's no reason why she wouldn't bond with a neutered male if introduced properly. Trios can be tricky so if it's your first time bonding you'd be best of getting just one other rabbit, and a rescue will already have him neutered and vaccinated and usually can re-home throughout Covid with appropriate measures in place.

A friend for your bunny is a great idea. Lola is more likely to bond with a neutered boy. Has she been spayed? I wouldn't get 2 personally, bonding groups is much harder than 2 rabbits & has less chance of success. If you reach out to Rabbit Rescues in your area they can help you find the right rabbit for Lola, already vaccinated, neutered & ready to make friends

A friend for your bunny is a great idea. Lola is more likely to bond with a neutered boy. Has she been spayed? I wouldn't get 2 personally, bonding groups is much harder than 2 rabbits & has less chance of success. If you reach out to Rabbit Rescues in your area they can help you find the right rabbit for Lola, already vaccinated, neutered & ready to make friends

Yes she has, I was going to get a male rabbit because I know no babies will be made, she does need a friend

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-care-advice/ownership/bonding-rabbits/

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund has lots of good info on things like this :) Rabbits do best in pairs as they are social animals and would never live alone in the wild. The best combo is a spayed female and neutered male, so providing Lola is already spayed there's no reason why she wouldn't bond with a neutered male if introduced properly. Trios can be tricky so if it's your first time bonding you'd be best of getting just one other rabbit, and a rescue will already have him neutered and vaccinated and usually can re-home throughout Covid with appropriate measures in place.

Hello,
I will get just one for now as you said, their a handful Lola is just right, but a trio is bloody hard work :) but, yes she is spayed so I am not as worried in that aspect, it's just will she get along with another rabbit

Hello,
I will get just one for now as you said, their a handful Lola is just right, but a trio is bloody hard work :) but, yes she is spayed so I am not as worried in that aspect, it's just will she get along with another rabbit

Have a look at best4bunny they are on Facebook and have loads rabbits advice, information, they even do a fabulous magazine. And have a book which I got and it's brilliant it has set ups best for rabbits ideas, treats, making toys, forage etc
They really are great

Back