Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: helppppp

  1. #1
    New Kit Shauniex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    12

    Default helppppp

    I am gonna buy two rabbits next year, which I am very excited about but, I already have a rabbit ( house rabbit ) and, will they get along so far Lola is okay alone but with two other rabbits will she be okay or should i not get rabbits to protect her? she is a lovely rabbit, she don't bite or get scared so I am not sure what to do

  2. #2
    New Kit Shauniex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    12

    Default

    i dunno what to do ahhhh. with covid spreading again i am not sure if ill be able to even go buy them

  3. #3
    Forum Buddy Liz47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Posts
    10,532

    Default

    https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-c...nding-rabbits/

    The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund has lots of good info on things like this Rabbits do best in pairs as they are social animals and would never live alone in the wild. The best combo is a spayed female and neutered male, so providing Lola is already spayed there's no reason why she wouldn't bond with a neutered male if introduced properly. Trios can be tricky so if it's your first time bonding you'd be best of getting just one other rabbit, and a rescue will already have him neutered and vaccinated and usually can re-home throughout Covid with appropriate measures in place.

    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  4. #4
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    21,585

    Default

    A friend for your bunny is a great idea. Lola is more likely to bond with a neutered boy. Has she been spayed? I wouldn't get 2 personally, bonding groups is much harder than 2 rabbits & has less chance of success. If you reach out to Rabbit Rescues in your area they can help you find the right rabbit for Lola, already vaccinated, neutered & ready to make friends

  5. #5
    Forum Buddy Liz47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Posts
    10,532

    Default

    Double post!

    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  6. #6
    New Kit Shauniex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    A friend for your bunny is a great idea. Lola is more likely to bond with a neutered boy. Has she been spayed? I wouldn't get 2 personally, bonding groups is much harder than 2 rabbits & has less chance of success. If you reach out to Rabbit Rescues in your area they can help you find the right rabbit for Lola, already vaccinated, neutered & ready to make friends
    Yes she has, I was going to get a male rabbit because I know no babies will be made, she does need a friend

  7. #7
    New Kit Shauniex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-c...nding-rabbits/

    The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund has lots of good info on things like this Rabbits do best in pairs as they are social animals and would never live alone in the wild. The best combo is a spayed female and neutered male, so providing Lola is already spayed there's no reason why she wouldn't bond with a neutered male if introduced properly. Trios can be tricky so if it's your first time bonding you'd be best of getting just one other rabbit, and a rescue will already have him neutered and vaccinated and usually can re-home throughout Covid with appropriate measures in place.
    Hello,
    I will get just one for now as you said, their a handful Lola is just right, but a trio is bloody hard work but, yes she is spayed so I am not as worried in that aspect, it's just will she get along with another rabbit

  8. #8
    Forum Buddy mini lop1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    51,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shauniex View Post
    Hello,
    I will get just one for now as you said, their a handful Lola is just right, but a trio is bloody hard work but, yes she is spayed so I am not as worried in that aspect, it's just will she get along with another rabbit
    Have a look at best4bunny they are on Facebook and have loads rabbits advice, information, they even do a fabulous magazine. And have a book which I got and it's brilliant it has set ups best for rabbits ideas, treats, making toys, forage etc
    They really are great


    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •