• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I rarely talk about my rabbits

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
Some of you may not even know I have two indoor rabbits that live free-range in our bedroom. Bing, our disabled boy, who had to have his back leg removed at 12 weeks, as it got broken at his previous owners who couldn't afford the vet bill. Rhianna kindly collected him and brought him down to us.

About six months later we got Bella from ARC who is a cheeky nethie bunny. Both are about 2 and a half, Bella maybe slightly older. Bing is like Dylan from the Magic Roundabout, he always acts stoned. I think it's all the herbs in the hay. Bella isn't much of a hay eater so Bing has it to himself.

They sound adorable :love: does Bing manage ok on 3 legs? Does Bella give you the Nethie glare?

Some of you may not even know I have two indoor rabbits that live free-range in our bedroom. Bing, our disabled boy, who had to have his back leg removed at 12 weeks, as it got broken at his previous owners who couldn't afford the vet bill. Rhianna kindly collected him and brought him down to us.

About six months later we got Bella from ARC who is a cheeky nethie bunny. Both are about 2 and a half, Bella maybe slightly older. Bing is like Dylan from the Magic Roundabout, he always acts stoned. I think it's all the herbs in the hay. Bella isn't much of a hay eater so Bing has it to himself.

:love:

Aww they sound lovely, I like the difference in characters :love: I always liked Dylan in the M.R. :D

:love::love: Does Bella need dentals then?

Thankfully not yet. You may remember Mr Bennett, part nethie, who had chronic dental problems. In the last few years of his life he must have been having 4 dentals a year and it would take a few weeks before he would eat properly again. Mr B was a huge hay eater and I think it was orchard green hay that helped. Oddly enough Bella gets the odd sticky poo collect on her bottom like Mr B, poor Mr B had so many issues including his gut. I had to wash his bottom a few times a week. He was a super chilled bunny who loved people and hated any other bunny.

Thanks everyone :love:. They are a loving couple and despite his disability Bing rules Bella, who loves nothing more than grooming him. Bing grunts as soon as food is out to make Bella stand behind him, I kid you not.:lol:. They are both vocal and coo for hours, Bing makes the most cooing noises, he loves life even though he lost a leg so young.

Aww they sound lovely [emoji7]

Its nice to hear about vocal bunnies, I still get quite a shock when I hear something from mine.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Aww they sound lovely [emoji7]

Its nice to hear about vocal bunnies, I still get quite a shock when I hear something from mine.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

It's quite rare.:love: You wonder where it's coming from sometimes. It's like a burbling sound, James says it's like they are talking to each other.

Its been really, really lovely hearing more about your bunnies :love: They sound such sweeties .
10 Brownie points for you

Aww, I'm glad you told us more about Bing and Bella. They sound so wonderful and lovely, aww, and like they have a very sweet bond. :love: I've never heard a bunny coo before! :love:

Back