• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Barrie and Chibbs UD p37 all sorted :D

I'm smiling reading that. Pleased they are getting closer and Barrie sounds wonderful. They get used to a water bowl. All eyes are on Storm Barra now!

I'm smiling reading that. Pleased they are getting closer and Barrie sounds wonderful. They get used to a water bowl. All eyes are on Storm Barra now!
Yes, I figure Chibbs might need to show him how :) The Freecycle Two fosters adapted to their bowls pretty much overnight and we removed their bottles. We've left them with just a couple of bottles ATM because the bowl was a nightmare to clean up when somebun spilt it XD Once they're back in the playhouse they'll have the big bowl back. Chibbs can use a bottle, I saw her do so yesterday afternoon, but I'm sure she prefers a bowl. I know I would!

No issues when Matt came home with forage :D Looking good for expanding into the playhouse tomorrow :) I'm in two minds whether to remove the crate or not, or maybe leave the crate floor in (remove crate, slide out floor, replace), I dunno, see how we go tomorrow. I'll start restocking with things (litter trays, stools, hayracks, snuggle boxes) as and wehn I think we're good.

There was a brief bit of humping from Chibbs at pellet time last night but nothing out of the ordinary and it didn;t cause any issues. They're slleping on the widnowsill together today :) I've popped a litter tray in but not removed the crate yet (tomorrow's job), nobun's claiming ownership of anywhere, but Barrie's lack of litter training (which we knew about, it's why he's always been destined to be outdoor!) is really showing through: there's wee everywhere, mostly up the walls, as he sprays it while turning (which AFAIK is normal for 'hormonal' bunnies), so I'm hoping that'll calm down now he's not surrounded by other bunnies (this was everyone's hope!) and consistent smells etc. He also poos everywhere but Chibbs always did a bit of that anyway. His poo is ginormous and slightly sticky, but then the weather isn't conducive to drying it out :lol: We've found a few bits of cecotropes around but nothing alarming. Might be able to get them out into the run on Saturday at this rate :D I do need to get the crate out ASAP so we can pop a 'training tunnel' in for Barrie, we know he'll fit down the tubes even with his massive bum, he fits UNDER the crate door alright :lol: Like that picture of Babsie's Sutton in the dustpan!

Hurrah! Sounds like they're making really good progress. Love the fact Barrie is turning round as he wees, making sure the wall gets full coverage!
I *think* Chibbs might be getting some too, her hear fur feels a bit off :lol: Poor Chibbs :) She was cleaning herself and him on the windowsill earleir :love: I told Barrie this morning that if he's going to wee on her head he needs to clean it off becasue she can't reach!

Let them out in the smaller run today. Chibbs spent a lot of time being mad at the bars around the entrance to the tunnel to the lawn as it was blocked off :lol: After 15mins Barrie hadn't even attempted the tube out so I picked him up and dumped him in so Chibbs didn't own the space. He then spent about 6hrs outside before working out where Chibbs was going half the time XD He did some humping of Chibbs quite late in the day but, again, nothing to be worried about :)

It's nice to have easy-to-pick-up bunnies! Chibbs is lovely when picked up, Barrie gets a bit fidgety but he's handleable :)

Sounds like it's still going well, well done Barrie and Chibbs! You know I'm obsessed with Chibbs' hairdo, so I hope all this humping hasn't left her coiffeur all bedraggled!

We've been spending ages getting Barrie used to the long tube to the lawn. When we opened it up from the concrete run, he went halfway down after a short while but chickened out and reversed. So we picked him up and put him in the lawn run, gave him some forage and Chibbs came out to make sure he wasn't hogging it. He wasn't scared of the big space, he picked up some grass and ran around exploring while eating it :lol: But he didn't make it back, he got halfway again and backed up. So We picked him up just before I left for Essex and popped him back where he knew. Matt tried once more while I was out but to no avail, then he didn't really have time. Chibbs was never a problem which was great, she hadn't claimed the run or anything :love: I tried him again yesterday once the drizzle stopped, but didn't put any food out for them this time so there's not much in the run for them. It worked: by 4pm he was back in the house :D We wondered if he'd be traumatised but this morning he and Chibbs are having a nice cuddle on the lawn :love:

So it's all worked :D We've basically got their setup back to 'normal' and it's all working really well as if he'd been here for longer than 3wks :love:

Back