Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bonding Barrie and Chibbs UD p37 all sorted :D

Wise Old Thumper

I'm smiling reading that. Pleased they are getting closer and Barrie sounds wonderful. They get used to a water bowl. All eyes are on Storm Barra now!

Awww, so pleased they are doing better now

Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    I'm smiling reading that. Pleased they are getting closer and Barrie sounds wonderful. They get used to a water bowl. All eyes are on Storm Barra now!
    Yes, I figure Chibbs might need to show him how The Freecycle Two fosters adapted to their bowls pretty much overnight and we removed their bottles. We've left them with just a couple of bottles ATM because the bowl was a nightmare to clean up when somebun spilt it XD Once they're back in the playhouse they'll have the big bowl back. Chibbs can use a bottle, I saw her do so yesterday afternoon, but I'm sure she prefers a bowl. I know I would!
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

That's more like it, well done bunnies! 😀 And well done you on working out the configuration to help them settle down.

Sounds like it's going really well!

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

No issues when Matt came home with forage Looking good for expanding into the playhouse tomorrow I'm in two minds whether to remove the crate or not, or maybe leave the crate floor in (remove crate, slide out floor, replace), I dunno, see how we go tomorrow. I'll start restocking with things (litter trays, stools, hayracks, snuggle boxes) as and wehn I think we're good.

Glad itís going well

Aw, it's so good to hear that they're getting along well. Barrie sounds quite sweet and amusing.
    (Pronouns: he or they)

There was a brief bit of humping from Chibbs at pellet time last night but nothing out of the ordinary and it didn;t cause any issues. They're slleping on the widnowsill together today I've popped a litter tray in but not removed the crate yet (tomorrow's job), nobun's claiming ownership of anywhere, but Barrie's lack of litter training (which we knew about, it's why he's always been destined to be outdoor!) is really showing through: there's wee everywhere, mostly up the walls, as he sprays it while turning (which AFAIK is normal for 'hormonal' bunnies), so I'm hoping that'll calm down now he's not surrounded by other bunnies (this was everyone's hope!) and consistent smells etc. He also poos everywhere but Chibbs always did a bit of that anyway. His poo is ginormous and slightly sticky, but then the weather isn't conducive to drying it out We've found a few bits of cecotropes around but nothing alarming. Might be able to get them out into the run on Saturday at this rate I do need to get the crate out ASAP so we can pop a 'training tunnel' in for Barrie, we know he'll fit down the tubes even with his massive bum, he fits UNDER the crate door alright Like that picture of Babsie's Sutton in the dustpan!

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Hurrah! Sounds like they're making really good progress. Love the fact Barrie is turning round as he wees, making sure the wall gets full coverage!