• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Destructive behavior

KCG

Warren Veteran
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?484753-Small-bite

Hello to everyone,
I told you above that Cookie did little nibbing for the first time. Now he's starting to do some destructive behavior nibbing, digging, chewing etc. My mother has been staying with us for a week and Cookie has gotten used to my mother, he is quite comfortable with her. But he is a little jealous of my mother, could this be the reason for his destructive behavior?
Cookie's behavior has changed since my mom came.

Last edited:
Perhaps having your Mother there has upset the hierarchy. This is just a thought (trying to think like a Rabbit!)

Perhaps having your Mother there has upset the hierarchy. This is just a thought (trying to think like a Rabbit!)

Oh I don't know. :(

Now something new has happened. My mom sat next to me and Cookie came right up to my mom and tried to push her with his nose. Cookie tried to get my mom off my side :shock:

Yeah I'd say he's being territorial over you as his partner. He must think he is top bun and that your Mum disrupts that.

I would suggest getting him a bunny friend once you're settled in the Netherlands.

If he has allergies a rex fur bunny might work well for him. It would also mean he might not do as much of his own grooming.

He'll still love you lots but having a friend who understands bunny makes such a difference for them.

Although I think you've been lucky, all my buns have been destructive in some way.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Yeah I'd say he's being territorial over you as his partner. He must think he is top bun and that your Mum disrupts that.

I would suggest getting him a bunny friend once you're settled in the Netherlands.

If he has allergies a rex fur bunny might work well for him. It would also mean he might not do as much of his own grooming.

He'll still love you lots but having a friend who understands bunny makes such a difference for them.

Although I think you've been lucky, all my buns have been destructive in some way.

I'm not as knowledgeable about rabbit behavior as you, so I never thought of hierarchy. :( I'm a little lucky with destructive behavior, he is very calm. But now it has changed a bit. :(
I don't know if it's possible for us to get a partner for Cookie, because my husband doesn't want it. If I can convince my husband, I'm thinking of getting a partner for Cookie. :|

I convinced my husband by suggesting that they would entertain each other and therefore he would get more of my time [emoji1787]

Both Primrose and Rodney showed signs of bonding with me when they were alone just before their new friends arrived.

I convinced my husband by suggesting that they would entertain each other and therefore he would get more of my time [emoji1787]

Both Primrose and Rodney showed signs of bonding with me when they were alone just before their new friends arrived.

Haha :lol: I'll try, I hope he convinces :D
I want to ask, what exactly are the bonding signs, how how to understand ? :D

Cookie plays chase and circle games with me, sleeps with me, licks me a lot, following me.. Are these bonding signs?

Last edited:
Rabbits like a close relationship with, preferably, another Rabbit, but as you only have the one, he considers you are his close friend.

Back