• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blanket possession

RinnyRin

Warren Scout
Good Morning

So I was watching my rabbits through bunny cam this morning in bed, it’s kind of my wake up routine.

I put some blankets in their bedroom area last night for the first time in a while - been progressively adding things since we rebonded them. I noticed this morning that when Ivy goes to “make the bed” she will happy dance all over the place but Leafy will come along and chase her off…like he has claimed the blankets as his own. Then he will “make the bed” and happy dance. Should I take the blankets away? It’s a shame because they both seem to love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Haha sorry I'm laughing but this is so cute. :lol: I wish I knew, but unfortunately I can't help. I have no experience with bomding rabbits.

Haha sorry I'm laughing but this is so cute. :lol: I wish I knew, but unfortunately I can't help. I have no experience with bomding rabbits.

It is adorable to watch. She’ll start smoothing out the blanket, or moving it wherever and then suddenly fly up in the air binkying and come back down and get back to bed making.

Leafy will realise, chase her off and then he will start doing it instead. It’s weird but adorable.

It is adorable to watch. She’ll start smoothing out the blanket, or moving it wherever and then suddenly fly up in the air binkying and come back down and get back to bed making.

Leafy will realise, chase her off and then he will start doing it instead. It’s weird but adorable.

Hahaha cuteeeeee :love: I would love to see it :love:

3j7TfFDUwRs

Aw, it sounds like they're both loving their blankets. :love: I get why you're concerned, though, with Leafy chasing Ivy off, and why you're wondering if you should take the blankets away. Since they love them so much, I think for me personally it'd depend on how Ivy reacts when Leafy chases her off. If it makes her anxious or unhappy or causes any kind of stress in their bond at all, I would take the blankets away, but if she's fine with Leafy telling her to go away and can still enjoy the blankets while Leafy isn't around then I'd let them keep them.

Aw, it sounds like they're both loving their blankets. :love: I get why you're concerned, though, with Leafy chasing Ivy off, and why you're wondering if you should take the blankets away. Since they love them so much, I think for me personally it'd depend on how Ivy reacts when Leafy chases her off. If it makes her anxious or unhappy or causes any kind of stress in their bond at all, I would take the blankets away, but if she's fine with Leafy telling her to go away and can still enjoy the blankets while Leafy isn't around then I'd let them keep them.

Alas, they peed all over them…so they’ve not got them at the minute whilst they go through the wash. It’s the only problem I have when I give them soft things lol

Alas, they peed all over them…so they’ve not got them at the minute whilst they go through the wash. It’s the only problem I have when I give them soft things lol

Oh, noooo... What is it with bunnies and peeing on soft things. :lol:

OMG that's why I'm always afraid of soft things :roll:

Think it might be a scent thing? Like…pee on it and then I own it? At least I haven’t been peed on!

Back