• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding take 2

It sounds like they are in a really good place, I'm sure the trust, love & groomies will increase with time. He is one lucky bunny :love:

That's really good that Scipio has calmed down with the nipping. I don't blame Fudgie, either, for moving away when he comes near her, with the way he's been nipping her bottom! Hopefully now that he's calmed down with it she'll grow to trust him more. It sounds like it's all going so well, and it's lovely to hear that they've had a great time exploring. :love:

Thanks both xx

Scipio is very happy with the extra space, he's currently doing zoomies round the living room! He's done a lot of exploring this afternoon. I hope he doesn't end up over tired and grumpy later!

One thing I forgot to mention earlier is that he is very difficult to handle. He gave me a really hard time when I had to pick him up to take him from the bedroom to the kitchen to start the bonding. He almost took my fingers off! I hope he gets easier to handle otherwise I don't know how on earth I'm going to trim his nails. Some poor vet nurse might end up getting lumbered with that job!

Aww, zoomies. :love:

I hope he'll get a bit easier to handle once he has learned to trust you more and feels more comfortable in his new home. He's been through a lot of changes, so it might've been stress that made him almost take your fingers off. It's still really early days. :)

It sounds like it's going really well!

Blossom still tries to take my fingers off if I touch the no touch zones including feets. She does now growl first though so at least I can move quick enough away so I'm counting that as progress [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

I've never been brave enough to touch the feet outside of claw clipping duties!

Yeah, hopefully he'll get easier to handle over time. I think you're right that he was probably overwhelmed by all the changes. Plus he didn't know me that well.

Lopsy was a nightmare to handle (pick up especially) unless his face was in food, it never got better because I never had the chance to train him really XD He would panic and his back feet would just go for it, how he didn't break his back I have no idea. We all got Lopsy scars. But Chibbs only takes the mick out of Matt, she never tries to bite me :lol: She's only had my fingers if when thought they were food which is fair enough. I hope you can train Scipio like Chibbs had trained Matt :lol:

Back