Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonding take 2

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Default Bonding take 2

Hi all

I thought I'd start a new thread to chart the progress of Fudgie and Inky's bond.

They've spent the last week living side by side, separated by a wire mesh barrier. Thankfully there was little aggression between them, more wary curiosity.

I started the official bond about an hour ago. They didn't start off fighting this time, thank goodness! They were nose to nose for a short while and after about 10 mins in, Inky groomed Fudgie! I'm not sure if Fudgie appreciated it as she was frozen like a statue! I think she is definitely still wary of him.

There was a bit of a chase when she moved. I think they both need to calm down on that front. Inky has been nipping Fudgie a fair bit. I know that's normal for bonding but he was doing it a bit too much and Fudgie was getting fed up. It looked like a potential fight trigger so I gently discouraged him.

Fudgie is still quite scared and is back in the corner. But on a positive note, they did some mirrored grooming, albeit at opposite ends of the kitchen!

I'll keep you all updated throughout the day.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Bravo to you slh. This is sounding so much better and you’re going to have a beautiful bonded pair, once they’ve settled.
    I wish I had an ounce of your skill and patience. Sending loads of positive bonding vibes for you. X
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Thanks Craig.

They're currently sitting next to each other. More under duress for Fudgie though as she's essentially pinned in the corner by Inky's bottom!

Sounding positive there, well done bunnies keep going will all be worth it
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Thanks PM 😀

So, we're about 5 hours in. Inky was a bit full on earlier. He was grooming Fudgie (and asking for grooms back but wasn't getting anywhere there!). He was very much in Fudgie's face. They did have a nap next to each other earlier and Inky did snuggle into Fudgie. On the face of it, it looked quite sweet but I could tell Fudgie was still very tense. It felt like he was trying to push things forward too quickly. Having said that, she definitely had a sleep when they were side by side as I heard her snoring so she may be starting to relax a bit.

He's moved away from her for now and when he approaches, instead of freezing Fudgie is facing him down. The body language seems to be "you're too full on and you need to back off a bit". He seems to be getting the message now and isn't quite so intense.

Bunderful update

Wise Old Thumper

It all sounds very promising I'm pleased that Fudgie is starting to relax a bit more. It must be very difficult for them to have these arranged marriages

Inky sounds quite intense. Sounds similar to Rudey bonding. I'm glad fisticuffs have been kept to a minimum hope Fudgey relaxes soon . Are you taking photos?

Argh, bloomin' rabbits! They're just like humans, can't just talk it out politely Best of luck, sounds like it's going really well TBH...
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

We're about 12 hours in and I'm really pleased with how they're doing so far. Fudgie has relaxed a lot more and is actively engaging with Inky. Inky has read the social cues and is dialling it down a lot. Fudgie still has a bit of a freak out if Inky makes any sudden moves but she's doing a lot better than she was earlier.

They're currently sitting next to each other eating hay. I've just taken a pic that I want to upload but the imgur app keeps crashing on me. If I'm still having issues in the morning, J&B would you mind if I email you the photo so you can post them for me?

Hopefully if they carry on the way they are I'll be able to unveil Inky's new name. Keletkezes, I think you'll approve of it!