• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding take 2

Thanks all, I'm really pleased with how they're doing 😀

There was a bit of chasing from Scipio again after I extended but it stopped after a short while. I had been expecting that!

Slightly annoying issue though. They spent most of last night digging and rattling at the puppy panels. In anticipation of them doing that I'd covered the panels with a blanket but it doesn't seem to have helped much with the noise. I'll have a think during the day on improving the sound proofing.

Of course once I had to get up and start work they decided they were tired after their hard night's graft. They've settled down now for the daytime snooze. *shakes fist at snoozing bunnies*.

I think they've become institutionalised after 5 and a half days in the kitchen!
:lol: Probably!

Slightly annoying issue though. They spent most of last night digging and rattling at the puppy panels. In anticipation of them doing that I'd covered the panels with a blanket but it doesn't seem to have helped much with the noise. I'll have a think during the day on improving the sound proofing.

Of course once I had to get up and start work they decided they were tired after their hard night's graft. They've settled down now for the daytime snooze. *shakes fist at snoozing bunnies*.
Sooooo predicatable :lol: Bunnies, eh, who'ed 'ave 'em! :lol: I guess they got over that institutionalisation quickly ;P Can you put a tick next to 'joint mischief'?

Sooooo predicatable :lol: Bunnies, eh, who'ed 'ave 'em! :lol: I guess they got over that institutionalisation quickly ;P Can you put a tick next to 'joint mischief'?[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, they were both as bad as each other!

I tell you what, not only are those puppy panels irritatingly noisy, they are also a pain to climb over when you're only 5 ft 3. I'm just glad I'm not a bloke!

Thanks very much Craig. Although I can't really take much credit, I've just sat back and let the bunnies do all the work. Maybe doing as little as possible is the secret to bonding!

I’m so glad it’s continuing to go well :love: I think you should be proud of yourself, of providing the best conditions for the bunny bonding :love: for rattling I used to stand the pen on a base of cardboard which seemed to help with that. But then you have the noise of bunnies digging at cardboard and shredding it if they can get an edge :roll::lol:

Thanks very much Craig. Although I can't really take much credit, I've just sat back and let the bunnies do all the work. Maybe doing as little as possible is the secret to bonding!
In my experience, yes! I can't get over pens, at 5' I'm waaay too short to go over ours, Matt (6'4") manages it just, half an inch to spare ;P

hows Fudgie & Scippio (how do ya spell it, damn RU & its unpronouncable or unspellable names :lol:)?

Hi J&B, thanks for asking. Fudgie and Scipio are slowly getting there. They're co-existing quite peacefully, eating together and the occassional grooming. Scipio is being a bit of a sod for nipping though and it means that Fudgie is still a bit wary of him. He is gradually doing it less but I'm hoping he'll stop completely soon as Fudgie doesn't want to snuggle up to him at the moment as she's expecting to get nipped in the bum again!

It's getting there, so it's good! Chibbs is a nippy little sod and it doesn't help anyone! She's not done it since being forced to live in Barrie's house so we're good for now. I hope it stops, Fudgie needs her confidence :)

Thanks both.

Fudgie has just snuggled up to Scipio! Scipio, please don't ruin it with more nipping!

Oh bless, sounds like she's smitten with Scipio :love: I've loved following this thread, it's always so nice to hear of a bereaved bunny finding new love and companionship. Well done bunnies, and well done SLH xxx

Thanks both. Unfortunately we haven't had any more snuggling since, but I know these things take time. On the plus side, Scipio seems to have calmed down with the nipping. Fudgie is confident enough to approach him now but does move away when he approaches her. I don't blame her for having trust issues, I'd be the same if someone kept nipping my bottom!

I've been extending the space and they have the whole of the living room now. Thankfully no issues between them and they've had a great time exploring! Only the bedroom left now. I'll look to open that up in the next couple of days if they continue to do well.

Back