• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Burgess hay

Yeah! I wouldn't normally but when my bunnies were on Excel nuggets I found some dog / cat kibble in it & they sent a £5 voucher so I used that. Bunnies didn't like it much & I'm convinced it gave Mousey mites - it coincided with her getting them & at the time I also read reviews about others having mite infestation too

Not this one, but I've tried the dandelion and marigold one. It was all short strands, quite dusty because if the chopped strands. Mine weren't massive fans, becasue they couldn't just pick up a strand and chew for ages! Fist time I've really seen mine choose longer pieces and it's nice to know that is a preference.

Mine didn't like this one, but they do a different one which I use as emergency hay (like if we run out and have to go buy some) ill find a link one sec

https://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/...0lUWc_62Lx_40VV_T8aAsjaEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds#

This they all love! And alfalfa king Timothy hay (can get both in pets at home if you have a disaster and need something fast [emoji38])

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
100% agree :D I've got both at the moment unopened so I'm saving it for Chibbs' bonding :D

Thanks, I was just browsing through the Amazon deals for rabbit food and wondered what it was like.

Tui definitely prefers long strands. We've only quite recently started to buy hay again this year. OH always cuts a large patch, which has previously been used just for the chickens as floor covering. This is quite short strands and any rabbit here has previously ignored. Tui also was far from enthusiastic about it this year too. However, we had a chicken wire fence dividing the part where veggies are grown from that where chickens are allowed. The grass had grown very long by the end of August along the fence and I hand-cut it and made hay. Got a very large bag and Tui loved it :love: Same grass but only difference was the age and the length of strands.

I second the alfalfa king stuff. I spent 2 weeks picking & drying grass - looked & smelt amazing but none of mine were keen. Tui clearly knows what she likes.

I'm getting through our dried forage way too fast

Back