• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Think Lord H is Dying- He’s Gone :-(

Thank you

Me and my Vet have managed to stabilise him. He was found collapsed and unresponsive at about 4am. At the moment we do not know exactly what is going on but his temperature was only 34, Blood glucose 3.5, heart rate very, very slow. He had severe pain in his lower abdomen, involving his cecum but his guts were completely empty. No gut sounds. For the first time in his life he is not eating.

He has had a shed load of drugs, fluids and is on a heat pad. We have managed to get his temp up to 37.5 and his BG up to 6.5. As he is on very strong analgesia he is in less pain. His heart rate remains low, but he always has what, in a ‘normal’ Rabbit,would be deemed an abnormally low heart rate.

We think this is all a progression of his life long health problems, suspected Dysautonomia.

My Vet did not think he would be any better off if she took him into the surgery as there is no more that can be done there than that which we are already doing. We both agree that given that Lord H has lived with this chronic condition for 7 and a half years it is not now in his best interests to subject him to a battery of diagnostics. He certainly could not have a GA, he would not survive one.He probably would not survive transportation to the surgery at the moment either.

We don’t know what will happen throughout today, but I will never allow Lord H to suffer. If he fails to improve over the next 24 hours then I will have to let him go

:(

gqWnUKV.jpg

2zdUMpq.jpg

:cry:

Back