• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny hotels/boarding Essex or Herts

BethanyRose

Young Bun
Hi, I'm looking to send my bunnies to a bunny hotel next year for our holiday. There's no way a relative could look after our bunnies to the extent that we do. They'd have to pop into our garden 3 times a day at least and it's too much to ask. Can anyone recommend a good bunny hotel in Essex or Herts? And if you've used one, what are your experiences? Thanks

You may be able to get a professional pet sitter to come in and look after your rabbits. It's worth asking your vet nurses for recommendations, and sometimes they will do pet sitting privately.

Thank you, I did consider that, but I kinf of like to know that the house and garden is all locked up while we're away. Also I'm guessing it would be more expensive

It's still worth asking vet nurses as they will know of any local places, and ones to avoid.

Pet sitting probably works out better costwise if you have more animals vs a price per animal per day in a kennels type boarder.

There is nowhere around here that I know anyone has tried... Whereabouts are you based, if you don't mind saying?

Hi, I'm looking to send my bunnies to a bunny hotel next year for our holiday. There's no way a relative could look after our bunnies to the extent that we do. They'd have to pop into our garden 3 times a day at least and it's too much to ask. Can anyone recommend a good bunny hotel in Essex or Herts? And if you've used one, what are your experiences? Thanks

The Rabbit Residence Rescue in Royston do Holiday Boarding

http://www.rabbitresidence.org.uk/holiday-boarding.html

Thank you, I will check out the above. I saw a couple online. One in Chelmsford and one in Herts that look quite good. I'm on the boarders of Essex and Herts. So either is fine. I don't know how anyone can allow a neighbour to look after rabbits. They need so much care; bowls washed, bedding change, litter box cleaned and emptied, a check for flystrike in summer without the rabbits escaping, covers to be put on in heavy rain, food etc. It's too much and I wouldn't trust anyone. Would rather just send them to a place where it is someones job to look after bunnies. I'll definitely ask the vets though, good call.

I'd never heard of the Chelmsford place. I've just been to look now. Will be very interested to hear what you think of it if you try it. (I no longer have rabbits, but have indoor guinea pigs).

I have previously adopted from, and also used The Rabbit Residence for boarding. Their knowledge and care is brilliant. If I still lived near them I would definitely use them again. Also by boarding your bunnies there the money is not for profit, but goes towards rescuing and helping other bunnies.:love:

Thanks all. I booked the Chelmsford bunny lodge. It looks great and the owner clearly loves her bunnies. I am looking forward to trying it out and knowing I can relax when on holiday this Summer 🙂

Back