• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best straw recommendations please

BethanyRose

Young Bun
Hi, I have decided to give straw another go in my rabbit hutch because if I use hay, they just use and treat the place as a litter tray. I have so far only bought the pets at home straw, which is so tightly packed, when you pull at it to get some straw, you can only get tiny little bits. Plus the packet itself seems to include lots of tiny bits that I don't think are safe for them. I'm looking for some nice long, soft, easy to grab! Insulating straw. Amy recommendations please? I'm new to bunnies. Thanks

See if there is a horse supply place near you - they will do bales, if you have room to store one. Search for 'equestrian supplies'.

A single duvet cover is useful for storage and transport. If it's stored outside, it needs to be cool, dry and off the floor where air can circulate round it (eg on a pallet or bricks if in a garage or shed, and not against a wall as it may get damp & mouldy). I use wheely bins to store hay in a shady spot outside - a 240 litre bin just fits a bale. Cardboard boxes are another option.

Back