Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chibbs update :)

Default Chibbs update :)

Just wanted to report Chibbs is fine, probably lonely but she won't let us stroke her much so she's back to normal XD She's certainly eating, pooing, drinking etc. like normal, no signs of beingpartricularly sad Lopsy's replacement (ha, as if anybun could even come close to replacing Lopsy ) is lined up and we're hoping it'll be Barrie from Burrowed Hearts (Chibbs' rescue): you can find him on this page. Laura at Burrowed Hearts tells me he's not had any interest at all in over a year He sounds like an 'aggressive' Lopsy (not aggressive but I can't think of the right word). Otherwise there's a few buns to try Our ex-foster from Freecycle, Hawthorn, has finally gone to a new home but we couldn't have him back anyway, he was too small for our 'setup'! Laura also wanted an update on Buttons, now Graciee's Willoughby

I'm DREADING bonding: Lopsy was such a walkover and made every bond super easy. Chibbs is quite independent and has a lot of, uhm, personality I hope Barrie's up for a fight and I'm hoping that fight will be mental rather than physical! Although really I'm hoping he'll just let her be the boss, that'd be much easier XD I'm following Scrappy's Little Helper's thread with interest. I've got a plan as I can't have them inside too long due to them being outdoor buns and it being a big temperature difference, but we're dating Friday so if I can bond them in the kitchen or back bedroom over the weekend and then stick them outside Sunday/Monday that would be really convenient! I don't think Chibbs will take to being dropped back in *her* house with a new boy, but I will do that if she's petrified of him like Lopsy was of her (it wasn't as bad as it sounds!). Bonding them in the back bedroom or kitchen gives me more options, changeable space, etc., and a chance to de-Chibbs-ify the house Plus if I've got stuff I need to do, I can get on with that with them in the same room and be on hand to separate the little darlings

I'm also hoping Barrie will be big enough! He's 'medium', so *could* be just about too small to reach the top of the run, argh! We'll find out 4th December: Chibbs has her vaccs this Friday and I ain't inflicting more stress on her, nor do I want to inflict grumpy Chibbs on anyone It's a 'quick' turnaround because she's an outdoor bun and it's bloomin' chilly and the poor kid got hypothermia in February (it was a particularly cold spell, not about 4C for a few days), and while she's not showing any signs of missing rabbit company she's stuck out there on her own 24/7 becasue we're busy people Plus we're here for the rabbits, and we do need to replace Lopsy in the companion capacity And the garden food disposal capacity I hope Barrie's got a good appetite
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Wise Old Thumper

He's lovely and what a shame he's had no interest. I guess that is at least partly due to the fact that he's described as grunty. That and the fact that he's black perhaps. Best suited to an outdoor home is good, as that's what you have I hope he and Chibbs get on well together. Chubby Burdock also looks lovely.

Barrie is gorgeous !! I hope that Chibbs will try her best to be friendly !!
    Black Bunnies and REWs always get overlooked in Rescue

‘’All war is a symptom of man’s failure as a thinking animal.”
    ―John Steinbeck.

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Oh he's gorgeous! I hope it goes well!

Willoughby is doing good, he's a happy little bun tbh, super into food and he adores Apricot now he's calmed down a bit

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Hi, I missed that Lopsy was PTS. So sorry for your loss, but it sounds like he was really suffering

Barrie is beautiful. I love a black bun! You never know the bond may be dreamy

It's good to hear that Chibbs is fine, and also good to hear that she's getting a new friend, if she likes Barrie, or any of the others if not Barrie. He looks lovely. How sad that nobody has been interested in him. I hope the bonding will go well and that Chibbs will behave herself.
    (Pronouns: he or they)

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Aww Barrie is lovely. Black buns will always have a special place in my heart thanks to Scrappy.

Fingers crossed for a smooth bond. It looks like we'll be doing our bonding at the same time so we can give each other mutual support. I suspect we'll both be posting on here at 3am on Saturday morning!

Fingers crossed for you all that it goes well

Gosh he looks like my Rudey Good luck finding Chibbs the perfect partner & with bonding when the time comes. Glad she is coping ok in the interim

Sending lots of vibes for bonding