• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chibbs update :)

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
Just wanted to report Chibbs is fine, probably lonely but she won't let us stroke her much so she's back to normal XD She's certainly eating, pooing, drinking etc. like normal, no signs of beingpartricularly sad :) Lopsy's replacement (ha, as if anybun could even come close to replacing Lopsy :lol:) is lined up and we're hoping it'll be Barrie from Burrowed Hearts (Chibbs' rescue): you can find him on this page. Laura at Burrowed Hearts tells me he's not had any interest at all in over a year :( He sounds like an 'aggressive' Lopsy (not aggressive but I can't think of the right word). Otherwise there's a few buns to try :lol: Our ex-foster from Freecycle, Hawthorn, has finally gone to a new home but we couldn't have him back anyway, he was too small for our 'setup'! Laura also wanted an update on Buttons, now Graciee's Willoughby :D

I'm DREADING bonding: Lopsy was such a walkover and made every bond super easy. Chibbs is quite independent and has a lot of, uhm, personality :lol: I hope Barrie's up for a fight and I'm hoping that fight will be mental rather than physical! Although really I'm hoping he'll just let her be the boss, that'd be much easier XD I'm following Scrappy's Little Helper's thread with interest. I've got a plan as I can't have them inside too long due to them being outdoor buns and it being a big temperature difference, but we're dating Friday so if I can bond them in the kitchen or back bedroom over the weekend and then stick them outside Sunday/Monday that would be really convenient! I don't think Chibbs will take to being dropped back in *her* house with a new boy, but I will do that if she's petrified of him like Lopsy was of her :love: (it wasn't as bad as it sounds!). Bonding them in the back bedroom or kitchen gives me more options, changeable space, etc., and a chance to de-Chibbs-ify the house :) Plus if I've got stuff I need to do, I can get on with that with them in the same room and be on hand to separate the little darlings :roll:

I'm also hoping Barrie will be big enough! He's 'medium', so *could* be just about too small to reach the top of the run, argh! We'll find out 4th December: Chibbs has her vaccs this Friday and I ain't inflicting more stress on her, nor do I want to inflict grumpy Chibbs on anyone :lol: It's a 'quick' turnaround because she's an outdoor bun and it's bloomin' chilly and the poor kid got hypothermia in February (it was a particularly cold spell, not about 4C for a few days), and while she's not showing any signs of missing rabbit company she's stuck out there on her own 24/7 becasue we're busy people :( Plus we're here for the rabbits, and we do need to replace Lopsy in the companion capacity :D And the garden food disposal capacity :lol: I hope Barrie's got a good appetite :D

He's lovely and what a shame he's had no interest. I guess that is at least partly due to the fact that he's described as grunty. That and the fact that he's black perhaps. Best suited to an outdoor home is good, as that's what you have :) I hope he and Chibbs get on well together. Chubby Burdock also looks lovely.

Barrie is gorgeous !! I hope that Chibbs will try her best to be friendly !!
Black Bunnies and REWs always get overlooked in Rescue :cry:

Oh he's gorgeous! [emoji7] I hope it goes well!

Willoughby is doing good, he's a happy little bun tbh, super into food [emoji38] and he adores Apricot now he's calmed down a bit [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Hi, I missed that Lopsy was PTS. So sorry for your loss, but it sounds like he was really suffering

Barrie is beautiful. I love a black bun! You never know the bond may be dreamy:love:

It's good to hear that Chibbs is fine, and also good to hear that she's getting a new friend, if she likes Barrie, or any of the others if not Barrie. He looks lovely. :love: How sad that nobody has been interested in him. :( I hope the bonding will go well and that Chibbs will behave herself. ;)

Aww Barrie is lovely. Black buns will always have a special place in my heart thanks to Scrappy.

Fingers crossed for a smooth bond. It looks like we'll be doing our bonding at the same time so we can give each other mutual support. I suspect we'll both be posting on here at 3am on Saturday morning!

Gosh he looks like my Rudey :love: Good luck finding Chibbs the perfect partner & with bonding when the time comes. Glad she is coping ok in the interim

Thankyou for the best wishes bunny momma and Zoobec :)

He's lovely and what a shame he's had no interest. I guess that is at least partly due to the fact that he's described as grunty. That and the fact that he's black perhaps. Best suited to an outdoor home is good, as that's what you have :) I hope he and Chibbs get on well together. Chubby Burdock also looks lovely.
OMG Burdock :love: They've just got a new arrival, harlequin Lenny, who has no tail! And he's proper beautiful, I want him as a cuddly toy :D I've already got a cuddly toy Burdock :D

Barrie is gorgeous !! I hope that Chibbs will try her best to be friendly !!
Black Bunnies and REWs always get overlooked in Rescue :cry:
See, I've never been a fan of REWs (or any white animals except cold-climate mammals and white reptiles) but there's no way I'd pass one up that needed rescuing! I feel really sorry for Barrie and I hope it all goes well here for him, I'd feel like I've failed him if he had to go back :'(

Willoughby is doing good, he's a happy little bun tbh, super into food [emoji38] and he adores Apricot now he's calmed down a bit [emoji38]
We taught him well on the food front :D So glad he's settled, he IS such a lovely bun. Hawthorn took ages to get interest :(

It's good to hear that Chibbs is fine, and also good to hear that she's getting a new friend, if she likes Barrie, or any of the others if not Barrie. He looks lovely. :love: How sad that nobody has been interested in him. :( I hope the bonding will go well and that Chibbs will behave herself. ;)
Thankyou, Chibbs hasn't got a good behaviour record so I'm going to be pessimistic and hope it turns out better than I expect :lol:

Aww Barrie is lovely. Black buns will always have a special place in my heart thanks to Scrappy.

Fingers crossed for a smooth bond. It looks like we'll be doing our bonding at the same time so we can give each other mutual support. I suspect we'll both be posting on here at 3am on Saturday morning!
Yep, posting stuff like 'OMG I'm NEVER having buns again, these guys are killing me!' :lol:

Gosh he looks like my Rudey :love: Good luck finding Chibbs the perfect partner & with bonding when the time comes. Glad she is coping ok in the interim
Thanks. I guess he does, doesn't he! I hope he's the same sort of size :)

I really like black bunnies. Agoutis will always be my favourite (even over harlequins) but black ones are great, a photography challenge I relish as well :lol:

Chibbs is still doing fine. She's definitely a bit bored, lonely etc., but I pop out to see her every now and then. I think having the three days I wasn't here (I wa at a conference last week) and Matt was at work meant she had the time to herself to get to grips with what was going on in her life :) Well that's how I'd want it, anyway! :lol: Going to try and make some fun food-based toys for her, she might not be the most food-oriented rabbit I've ever had but she's actively seeking it out now it's cold! She got Lopsy's leftover readigrass (I put it on a shallow dish for him) and she enjoyed that :D She does seem the sort to just give up if the puzzles are too had though :lol:

Back