• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeding advice

cheriseru

Alpha Buck
As most of you will know I always fed my boys in 2 separate bowls some pellets and veg in the morning and evening. They've always been quite good at eating their own, sometimes switching bowls.

Now with Gaia, I got her in the same routine but instead of the Science Selective adult pellets I give her the Science Selective baby bunny pellets. Generally the 3 of them would eat 90% of their own bowl pellets & veg before nosing to the other.

But lately I've had a bit of a problem with Athie and Gaia switching bowls after 1 or 2 bites [emoji17] usually as soon as I step away. It's not like 1 of them bullies the other one away, they just seriously wait until I've turned my back or stepped away and would swap. And it's only with the pellets as well. It's like Athie loves baby pellets and Gaia loves adult pellets.

I've tried moving Gaia's bowl further away but she gets a bit jumpy and then doesn't eat.

Is there any harm in just switching her slowly to the adult pellets now, even though she's still a baby?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

As most of you will know I always fed my boys in 2 separate bowls some pellets and veg in the morning and evening. They've always been quite good at eating their own, sometimes switching bowls.

Now with Gaia, I got her in the same routine but instead of the Science Selective adult pellets I give her the Science Selective baby bunny pellets. Generally the 3 of them would eat 90% of their own bowl pellets & veg before nosing to the other.

But lately I've had a bit of a problem with Athie and Gaia switching bowls after 1 or 2 bites [emoji17] usually as soon as I step away. It's not like 1 of them bullies the other one away, they just seriously wait until I've turned my back or stepped away and would swap. And it's only with the pellets as well. It's like Athie loves baby pellets and Gaia loves adult pellets.

I've tried moving Gaia's bowl further away but she gets a bit jumpy and then doesn't eat.

Is there any harm in just switching her slowly to the adult pellets now, even though she's still a baby?

It sounds as though Gaia has already decided to switch :lol: In my view there's no problem in slowly switching her over. When Tui arrived here she was three and a half months and she was eating the adult SS pellets.

I don't know what you're going to do about Athie though :lol: It'll be interesting to see if they still swop when they both have the same pellet.

It sounds as though Gaia has already decided to switch [emoji38] In my view there's no problem in slowly switching her over. When Tui arrived here she was three and a half months and she was eating the adult SS pellets.

I don't know what you're going to do about Athie though [emoji38] It'll be interesting to see if they still swop when they both have the same pellet.

Think you're right [emoji1787] only downside is I still have like 3kg left of the stuff [emoji2356]
I'm hoping when Athie realises they're eating the same stuff they'll just wat their own, but can totally see Athie going into a strop and refusing to eat [emoji1787]

I certainly wouldn't waste what you have left. I'd still move Gaia on to the adult ones slowly and to use up the baby ones, I'd give both boys a few each time, bearing in mind that the baby ones are higher in calories, so you'd need to adjust the quantity of the adult ones. Also if all three are having a 'mix' there should be no playing around with swapping meals.

I certainly wouldn't waste what you have left. I'd still move Gaia on to the adult ones slowly and to use up the baby ones, I'd give both boys a few each time, bearing in mind that the baby ones are higher in calories, so you'd need to adjust the quantity of the adult ones. Also if all three are having a 'mix' there should be no playing around with swapping meals.

Ah thay would explain why Athie's booty is getting big [emoji15] good idea with the mix, Zeus is perfectly happy with his usual though and just sticks to his own bowl. Think I'm going to do a mix for Athie and Gaia and reduce the adult amount Athie gets.
Will keep an eye on Gaia's weight to make sure he keeps increasing steadily :)
Thanks for the advice [emoji16]

Think you're right [emoji1787] only downside is I still have like 3kg left of the stuff [emoji2356]
I'm hoping when Athie realises they're eating the same stuff they'll just wat their own, but can totally see Athie going into a strop and refusing to eat [emoji1787]

I would give Athie and Gaia both the mix , though they may outsmart you and each pick only the pellets they like before switching.:love:

edit, just read your other post!

It worked [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] not sure if it's just a fluke but it's the first time in weeks where I didn't have to police them [emoji33]
Gave them each a little mix and they both stuck to their bowls happily eating the pellets and then the veg, eyes semi closed and not moving [emoji33]
Thanks Omi and Bunnymomma [emoji16]

They're all now on the same mix so thought why not do scatter feeding, they seem to enjoy and eating pellets and veg. Is funny when I do mixed leaf because each has their fav and they sniffle round looking for their favs and then eat the leftovers [emoji1787]
0a518c817f1671f0b7bc525a021d5c13.jpg

Back