• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housing 2 bunnies side by side before bonding

Clair071085

Warren Scout
Morning all, some might know that we tried bonding Bella & Morgan & the first meet ended in a fight. I’m now going to house them in spare room (piggies are in there in c&c cage) but separate. Iv not done before so not sure how to go about this. I had thought about c&c type enclosure for then as you can customise that to size, height, put grids down middle to separate them & put grids over the top to stop them jumping in to each others cage. What do people think of this as an idea? I can’t spit the room in half as I won’t be able to get to the piggies whose cage stretches right around the whole room/wall area. The bunnies can have the floor area. Bellas currently in living room & Morgan in the kitchen. Both get free roam in the house taking turns although they don’t choose to venture far lol. I was thinking with c&c they can lie flopped out side by side just not able to get to eachother. I know I will need to put something over the grids so they don’t bite eachother. Thank you for reading xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gosh I just typed out the biggest reply, computer crashed & I lost it. Maybe it was bad advice & fate intervened:lol: As long as your buns cannot get to each other its whatever works for you, your space & budget. Don't underestimate how resourceful they can be if determined to meet face to face. Safety is key. Any visitors or house members need to be really aware of this too.

I went for using a friends MPH enclosure as a room divide
ZcDJedum.jpg

9yTUpNQm.jpg

then bought a heavy duty puppy pen used as pen when bonding but as room divide before that (not in photo but I had to pin chicken wire to to it.
jlZU5VZm.jpg

all this was in my lounge. we're all mad here

Gosh I just typed out the biggest reply, computer crashed & I lost it. Maybe it was bad advice & fate intervened:lol: As long as your buns cannot get to each other its whatever works for you, your space & budget. Don't underestimate how resourceful they can be if determined to meet face to face. Safety is key. Any visitors or house members need to be really aware of this too.

ZcDJedum.jpg
[/IMG]
9yTUpNQm.jpg
[/IMG]

then bought a heavy duty puppy pen used as pen when bonding but as room divide before that (not in photo but I had to pin chicken wire to to it.
jlZU5VZm.jpg
[/IMG]

Hi, thank you for commenting. I hate when that happens [emoji31] & you’ve typed something long. For some reason I can’t open the photos? They aren’t showing up. Will take a screen shot of it. I wander if it’s to do with not being vip xx

ZcDJedum.jpg
[/IMG]
9yTUpNQm.jpg
[/IMG]

jlZU5VZm.jpg
[/IMG]

This is what I see for some reason xx

570b4522d94daf7b481c840d6348bc4d.jpg

I'm not very tech savvy but think maybe its tapatalk, think that has created probs for people viewing photos before. Graiceee:wave:

ZcDJedum.jpg
[/IMG]
9yTUpNQm.jpg
[/IMG]

jlZU5VZm.jpg
[/IMG]

This made me lol “all mad here” [emoji23]. It’s the same in our house. We have 3 rooms taken over by pets & cleaning up especially hay & newspaper is daily life. I went & bought a massive playpen type thing to go up in our living room for the piggies & it’s huge when up. Our couches & chairs lift of the ground as they have recliners on them so it’s impossible to get the pigs out if they go under as they love how dark it is in there. I let them out on the spare room floor but won’t be able to when the rabbits go in there. You can often find piggies roaming in our hallway & in a pop up tent lol. I just want the animals to have space exercise. Morgan our new bunny is getting braver & so far he will come out the kitchen & hop into the utility room. He was terrified when he first came. Bella has now taken a liking to jumping on our sofa & stomps when my partner sits in it as she wants it to herself. Only with him though but think it’s with him working so much she’s not as used to him. Xx

I just love animal houses, where you just all coexist :D When I had Treacle bun, she had the full run of the extension that joins the lounge, most of her time was spent under the coffee table, where she could see the telly :lol: She had a big hay filled under bed storage box under there too. Georgie cat loves his cardboard boxes, so they are scattered all over :D I can't imagine living in a tidy animal free house, just wouldn't be a home for me. Your house sounds perfect Clair, piggies and bunnies roaming free :thumb:

I just love animal houses, where you just all coexist :D When I had Treacle bun, she had the full run of the extension that joins the lounge, most of her time was spent under the coffee table, where she could see the telly :lol: She had a big hay filled under bed storage box under there too. Georgie cat loves his cardboard boxes, so they are scattered all over :D I can't imagine living in a tidy animal free house, just wouldn't be a home for me. Your house sounds perfect Clair, piggies and bunnies roaming free :thumb:

Hi, thank you so much. It’s perfect to us anyway. That sounds like you bunnies have just as much free roam which I think is fab for them [emoji3590]. It’s funny is t it that they have so much room to free roam but don’t seem to want to lol & pick a favourite place. I love the unserved boxes for them as litter trays & to go in. Thanks to the forum I discovered them. Mine live cardboard boxes to, piggies & bunnies. Belka likes to push them around the place lol. A messy homes a lived in home with animals & kids playing that’s what I say xx

Meant cardboard boxes not unserved lol. Always seem to get spelling mistakes with predictive text lol xx

Back